PDA

View Full Version : VPIP/PFR for shorthanded tables

bwtaylor
11-18-2009, 01:03 AM
It looks like Leak Buster may be using the overall VPIP and PFR based on the game type, even though this may include hands with less than a full table.

For example, my 6max VPIP/PFR is 36/25, but I often play on tables that are less than full, where of course preflop play is looser. When I go to holdem manager and select cash->reports->Number of Players I see that my VPIP/PFR for 6max with 6 players is 27/21. The former numbers seem to be what leak buster is using to compare to it's expected range, when I would think it should be using the latter. Not doing this just convolutes player looseness with the density of shorthanded play in the sample, no?

Or am I misunderstanding what it is or should be doing?

Leak Buster Support
11-18-2009, 08:16 PM
Leak Buster is using stats for 6-max games where the player table is 4 - 6 players. Simply because sometimes people may sit out at a 6max table, etc... and so all that information is included. We have considered adding a filter to just only have when 6max tables are full. It's definitely something we can add in a future version. The ideal stats do differ if you are exclusively playing 4 handed of course.

kamachos
12-07-2009, 04:36 AM
There two sites where the short handed game is mainly 5-handed so there needs to be an option to adjust for that..Ongame and Boss Media..

Also, your Leak Buster Filters run on all hands, including HU hands and thus need to be manually adjusted..