PDA

View Full Version : What does this mean?

Kombaiyashii
04-05-2012, 05:11 PM
I got a really stupid question here...

When I go onto reports and filters, I then click on the tab 'board texture' and there's a part where I can search the flop for gutshots...

On one of filters which is about straights and gutshots have little options saying "where no straight are possible" and "That beat the nut straight on the board"

I was just wondering what is meant by 'That beat the nut straight on the board,' I've had a little look what the query brings up but I'm not entirely sure what you mean by it...Can you explain please.

Thanks.

RDB
04-09-2012, 08:02 AM
This becomes clearer if you filter by a specific number. For example if you filter for the number of gutshots on the flop that beat the nut straight on the board with a value of zero this will return only broadway flops e.g. AQJ, QJT e.t.c. Here there is no gutshot draw that beats the current nut straight on the board.

If you change the filter for example to 2 gutshot draws that beat the nut straight an example flop is 632. 54 is the nut straight and there are two gutshot draws that beat the nut straight on the board - 74 and 75.