PDA

View Full Version : Holdem Manager will not connect to Postgres

tknitdown
11-16-2009, 08:26 PM
I just downloaded Holdem Manager on two different laptops (1 with windows vista and 1 with windows 7) and the windows 7 HM will open fine but I got the error message "cannot connect to ProstgresSQL" on the windows vista laptop. I followed all of the FAQ's (#34, 171, 176, 177), unistalled my Norton (even thought I did not do that on the windows 7 laptop and it worked fine) turned everything off per the instructions, redid everything twice and I still get the same error message when I try to open HM. Does anyone have a fix other than the above FAQ's to get this to work???? The is the first time I am using HM and to be completely honest I wonder if I should just try PT3. This is an awful lot of trouble just to get the program to work. I want to be able to use it on both laptops. I know there is a ton of posts on this but I have tried all the stuff I have found and it still does not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

fozzy71
11-16-2009, 08:49 PM
This is usually a firewall or windows update issue, and it sounds as if you have tried everything, but something must still be amiss. Do you have any other security software you forgot to mention? Is UAC off?

First try to delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it.

If that doesnt help try reinstalling postgresql using the instructions and installer found here - http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=20755

If that also fails we can schedule you for a remote support session to assist you. Please email support@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so you can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download and install the www.Teamviewer.com Quick Support version.