PDA

View Full Version : FTP set up

RunBad4Life
11-16-2009, 08:01 PM
So I wanted to create a set up for FTP. I'm right in obviously switching to create a new database. In this database I set import folder to the full tilt one, beforehand checking the folder to see how many hhs are in there. Not many, only keeps 30 days or smething, but from the scroll tab it looked like at least a hundred or so. I import. Import instantly finished saying all of 3 files are done. Now ftp hh folder is totally empty, there's no data in HEM whatsoever! Where have my FTP hhs gone? Incidentally when switching back to my usual data base for pokerstars, auto import completely fails cos it's trying to import from FTP folder now!! I thought databases were "separate"? I get the feeling this thread is going to get pretty long.

fozzy71
11-16-2009, 08:30 PM
So I wanted to create a set up for FTP. I'm right in obviously switching to create a new database.

There is no need to do this. Simply use the same DB and add the import folder. Import your hands and search your FTP name by using the Change button. If you want to combine your screen names to see your aggregated results, create an alias - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=35

In this database I set import folder to the full tilt one, beforehand checking the folder to see how many hhs are in there. Not many, only keeps 30 days or smething, but from the scroll tab it looked like at least a hundred or so. I import.

If you play a site like stars/ftp you can email their support and ask for all your old hand histories and tourney summaries.

Import instantly finished saying all of 3 files are done. Now ftp hh folder is totally empty, there's no data in HEM whatsoever! Where have my FTP hhs gone?

HM archives the hands after auto-import.

Your \HMArchive is likely not in your \Holdem Manager directory. We normally suggest you use C:\HMArchive, but you may have put it anywhere.

To verify the location: Options > Configure Auto Import Folders > Edit > Archive Folder: ___________________

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=56

Incidentally when switching back to my usual data base for pokerstars, auto import completely fails cos it's trying to import from FTP folder now!! I thought databases were "separate"? I get the feeling this thread is going to get pretty long.

Databases are separate. The import folders you create are not though. Those are stored in a single config file and those don't change if you change your DB. There is no need to separate the site data in 2 different DBs.

RunBad4Life
12-10-2009, 07:01 PM
So I'm trying to set the HUD up for FTP now. First I goto to hud preferences/confiuration and make a new one as FTP. When I get stats up to move them into my desired place, they are just default and not as I have set them in the preferences. If I change config to say default or the pokerstars one nothing changes.

fozzy71
12-11-2009, 12:13 AM
You havent properly configured the Use For: tab. Whenever the rules on the Use For: tab conflict HM will revert to the default HUD config.

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=135

RunBad4Life
12-11-2009, 05:23 AM
Ah yes, been a while since I configured anything. Thanks