PDA

View Full Version : How do I uninstall Holdem Manager and Postgres?

jolosc12
11-16-2009, 05:42 PM
Hi

I installed on a laptop just was not up to the load - I cannot play with it On and decided to move to another PC.

Is there a step-by-step guide to uninstall completely so my laptop is back in its original state?

Thanks
Jo

fozzy71
11-16-2009, 08:04 PM
1) Uninstall PostgreSQL and Holdem Manager from the Windows Control Panel.
2) manually delete or rename the Program Files\Postgresql folders
3) run the command - start > programs > accessories > command prompt > right-click > run as administrator

net user postgres /delete

jolosc12
11-17-2009, 02:39 AM
Many thanks, I will do that.:)

Spec
01-29-2011, 09:09 PM
3) run the command - start > programs > accessories > command prompt > right-click > run as administrator

What is the purpose of step 3 ?

Patvs
01-29-2011, 09:38 PM
Step 3 has two functions:
-1 by deleting the postgres user, it will delete the password linked to the postgres user, so you won't get any "password not accepted" errors when you either reinstall HoldemManager, or for example try to install PokerTracker3 which uses a different default password

-2 On some computers, the postgres user will actually create a second user at the startup screen, allowing the user to login to postgres. (which can be annoying if you want your computer to boot straight into your main user account) Deleting postgres will fix this.

Pkrjkr
09-02-2014, 01:23 PM

Hi Fozzy.

I have tried to do these steps but when no success when i now download PT4.

im not sure im doing step 3 right maybe, do i write "net user postgres /delete" when windown command windown pops up then after press enter?

Thanks

fozzy71
09-03-2014, 08:19 AM
Yes, the text in the php code box is what you need to type in the CMD window to remove the postgres user when reinstalling postgresql.

FYI if you are installing PSQL with PT4's installer:

PT3's default name/password is - postgres/dbpass
HM's default name/password is - postgres/postgrespass

If that doesnt help:

1. Go to C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.x\data, move the the pg_hba file to your Desktop and open it with notepad.
2. Scroll to the bottom and change all md5 to trust. Save and close the file
3. Move the file back to the data folder
4. Restart the PostgreSQL service: Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services

HM will accept any password now.

http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/82/Password+Issues+%28PostgreSQL%29