PDA

View Full Version : import errors after creating new databse

steve_cordy@live.com
04-04-2012, 11:11 AM
On the weekend I realised some hands werent being imported, so I read some threads and created a new database and re-imported hands. I datamine so I have quite a few hands. I was trying to import 6 million or so datamined hands. My played hands, 200k or so imported fine, but obvoulsy the 6 mil took a while so I left it running overnight. In the morning though only around 10% had imported, the remaining 5 mil or so were said to have been import errors. Now I cant import any datamined hands without them being import errors, if I play a hand and import that though its fine. I know its not the hand histories themselves as they were previoulsy in my database. Its like as if it just stopped importing them during the night and classed them as errors. Ive been unable to play since Sunday due to the initial problem so I'd appreciate some help ASAP if poss. I see theres now an update in reference to my initial problem, Ive done this upgrade but it makes no difference.

Patvs
04-04-2012, 09:27 PM
Update to: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate_Release_1.12.10_03Apr2012a.exe

For which pokersite are these datamined hands?
(mined yourself with for example Idleminer, or are they purchased handhistories?)

steve_cordy@live.com
04-05-2012, 04:19 AM
I tried that update but it made no difference.

They are hands purchased from HH smithy, daily download of around 100k hands per day.

Ive upgraded to HM2, uninstalled postgres completely and reinstalled, and tried to start again. That part went well.

I left the HM2 manual import running overnight but its hard to tell if its working as the status box doesnt tell me how many hands imported, its blank, but it says import in progress. I know the hands are OK because they guy from hhsmithy sent me a screenshot showing he downlooaded the 5 mil at 500/s.

Patvs
04-05-2012, 09:25 PM
Which PostgreSQl version are you using?

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate.exe

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" fro m the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates./

---