PDA

View Full Version : share database from PC to laptop

Labteov
11-14-2009, 03:14 PM
earlier i had the database running on laptop but i want to run it on my PC now.

i've opened port 5432 for my PC changed the pghba.conf and the postgres.conf ( something like that ) as an video told me.. ( this worked for my laptop )

but now when i all do that i cannot connect to my computer from my PC it says it maby doessnt allow it..

I need it on my PC because i need 1 database for 2 computers..

helpp me!

Labteov
11-14-2009, 06:12 PM
someonee??

fozzy71
11-14-2009, 06:14 PM
I have forwarded this thread for a reply.

Patvs
11-14-2009, 11:59 PM
(from nederpoker)

Summary:
You were running one database on two computers.
The database was on your laptop... your normal PC was able to connect to your laptop with remote postgres.

Now, you want the database on your normal PC... but your laptop is unable to connect to the PC.

---

Which Windows versions do you use for both computers? (Windows 7 on both?) BEFORE turning off all the firewalls, could you make sure PostgreSQL and HoldemManager both are still added to "Allow Program Through Firewall".

You stated: your laptop to PC connection USED TO WORK? ("Maar van me LapTop naar PC deed hij het wel") Did it used to work with actual HoldemManager/PostgreSQL, or are you just refering you were able to connect to your PC in the past? (You PC already had Windows 7 at that time?) http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=154

Labteov
11-15-2009, 08:45 AM
I'm using Windows 7 on my Computer and Windows Vista Bussiness on my Laptop ( in the future Windows 7 because i get official version ).

I dont know how to allow it trough the firewall but i will look for it.

And what did you mean with the last sentence? Yes when it runs on my laptop i could connect with my computer. But as you know i cannot connect in the reverse way.

(if youre a dutch guy, add me on MSN if you want by sending me an PM on Nederpoker or HM Forums)