PDA

View Full Version : PT3 import missing hands VS HM import

RiverRock55
09-12-2008, 02:48 AM
I orig posted this on the PT3 forum and figured I'd post it here too. Without getting into the whole "this one is better than that one" argument can anyone explain this and help me stop it from happening..

Today I tried running both Holdem Manager and PT3 for my sessions. What I did was run HM during play and then once a session was finished I stoped HM's import and ran a PT3 auto import.

Here is a breakdown of 3 sessions I played today and what HM and PT3 gathered

Session 1: PT3 start time: 14:24 endtime: 15:41 hands 639
_________HM____________14:24_________15:42________ 676

Session 2: PT3 start time: 18:05 endtime: 19:27 hands 615
__________HM___________18:05__________19:28_______ 615

Session 3: PT3 start time: 21:00 endtime: 23:02 hands 1019
__________HM __________20:43__________23:02________1289

I am just wondering why it is that PT3 seems to be missing hands and if there is anything I can do to stop it? Is allowing HM to import hands first somehow screwing up PT3's import? Basically I know that I set pokerstars to save the HH to C:\Program Files\PokerStars\HandHistory\ where they are supposed to be kept for 30days, and both HM and PT3 import hands from this file. So if these files are supposed to be here for 30days it seems odd that PT3 is able to import most but not all hands.

I also found the following strange.. In session 1 both PT3 and HM started and finished at about the same time but was still off by 30+ hands. Session 2 which was 5 min longer than session 1 had no differences btw PT3 and HM. Finally in session 3 PT3 started 17min after HM and missed a ton of hands, but when you look at session 1 vs session 2 it appears session time isn't the cause of the import differences..

RiverRock55
09-12-2008, 02:51 AM
Also, would it be better to run both imports simulaneously during play and just turn off the PT3 HUD, or stick to what I'm doing and run the PT3 import after the session once the HM import is stopped?

fabio
09-12-2008, 08:03 AM
I would not run both at the same time.

Can't tell why PT3 is missing hands :)

RiverRock55
09-12-2008, 01:18 PM
I think the problem may be that the files in C:\Program Files\PokerStars\HandHistory\ are not staying there for 30days like I requested on pokerstars.

When I went to look in this folder it was empty. As a test I played a couple hands with this folders screen open, I saw then HH files pop into the folder. I then opened HM and imported the hands and stoped the import. I then opened PT3 ran the auto import and as soon as they were imported the HH files disapeared and the folder is again empty.

I guess in the above post the HH files disapeared before I ran the PT3 import but after the HM import ran.

So basically why are these files disapearing so quickly and how do I make it stop?

I am using Vista if that effects anything..

fabio
09-12-2008, 01:21 PM
They are being moved to C:\HMarchive, so maybe just let pt3 import from that folder

RiverRock55
09-12-2008, 04:55 PM
Good idea.. I tried to do that and came up w/ one problem. HM doesn't seem to instantly move the imported files from the stars HH file to C:HMArchive like you said. There are files in HMArchive but I don't know the process of how/when HM moves the HH to the HMArcive folder.

Basically what I'm getting at is after I'm done a session I want to be able to stop HM auto import, open up PT3 and manually import the files from the session I just played from HMArchive. The problem is these files have not yet been moved to HMArchive, which is odd because when I look in my HM session stats all the hands are there.. It is also odd because PT3 seems to instantly move it's processed files..

Thanks for your help thus far and anymore suggestions would be great!

RiverRock55
09-12-2008, 05:01 PM
Also, on another note. It is now clear that the missing hands from the origional post must be the hands that somehow instantly got moved to HMArchive while the rest didn't, meaning that when I ran the PT3 import after the session these hands were already in HMAchive.

Why are some hands being moved instantly while most arn't. Is there anyway to control this..?

Another concerning thing about this is that if HM isn't instantly moving its imported hands over to HMArchive, wouldn't that then mean the next time it goes to import hands it has to sort through hands it has already imported possibly slowing the import process down?

morny
09-12-2008, 06:24 PM
HM moves the HH after it hasnt been used for a period (IIRC 1 hour) and then you restart the import. The best way id suggest is to have PT scan the files from Hmarchive and the Auto import folder this way it will get both moved and unmoved files.