PDA

View Full Version : HUD Crashing after Changes

chidley
11-13-2009, 07:31 PM
Hi ive been using HEM for a couple months now and never had this problem, i just updated and just started playing on Full Tilt aswell (Played on pokerstars before).

I use Windows Vista 64 and like ive said never hasd this problem before but also never played on Full Tilt.

My Hud works and imports fine but if i need to change something while using the HUD ingame it crashes after i save any changes and I have to relaunch it. Its not that big of a deal but just a nuisance especially when i was trying to sort my HUD out.

Thanks for any help.

fozzy71
11-13-2009, 11:01 PM
What anti-virus and firewall? Is HM running as admin?

Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure UAC is disabled http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=73 or else you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. Windows 7 you MUST set all the executables to always run as admin.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171

Enable logging from the HUD options->Table prefs menu. When the crash happens again, go to the logs\log.txt file and move it to another location before you restart the hud. I want to get the 'crash' log.txt file after you finish playing. If you restart the hud before moving the log.txt file, it is overwritten.

Please email them to mike@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread.

chidley
11-13-2009, 11:33 PM
Like i said ive been using HEM for 2 months and it just started happening after i moved to Full Tilt and updated so obviously ive done all that stuff before. And had UAC off since i got vista a year ago..

Ill do the log thing tho, and change something in the HUD while playing so that it crashes and upload it here, thanks.

K just played 2 rounds of hands then changed something in HUD while playing and it crashed and i copied log and uploaded it.

fozzy71
11-14-2009, 12:47 AM
I have forwarded this thread, and the log file, to the developer for a reply.