PDA

View Full Version : Hud problem with Absolute Poker

jason86
11-13-2009, 03:56 PM
Table Manager is not recognizing tables automatically on AP with my regular user account, but it works fine with the administrator account. My regular user account does not have admin privileges, but all of the same permissions for HEM are granted. (I think) holdemmanager.exe->properties->security: all permissions are checked

I know that I can 'run as' admin, but I'd like to leave the secondary logon service disabled if at all possible. If that's not an option, then I can live with it, but I thought I'd check just in case. What process exactly is the administrator account able to execute that the other account can't?

Indecently, I do not have this problem on Full Tilt or Stars. Table manager recognizes tables at both sites on my normal account. Strange.

fozzy71
11-13-2009, 05:40 PM
Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure UAC is disabled http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=73 or else you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. Windows 7 you MUST set all the executables to always run as admin.

Also do the same to your absolute file: mainclient.exe

If that doesnt help try the table finder - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=54

jason86
11-13-2009, 07:07 PM
It's actually XP, and to run as Administartor I'd have to enable secondary logon, something I'd rather avoid if possible. As I mentioned, it works fine with the other sites while running under my normal account, so it's likely just a glitch or something that's easily fixable. Table finder does work but it's a pain to have to locate the tables every time, and it doesn't always work on the first try. It's weird that it immediately recognizes the tables but won't lay the hud stats until I manually place the red X.

I notice that there's an added step for betsafe on the page you linked. Should I try that for AP?

Betsafe Solution

Because Betsafe is unlike other Ongame sites that use the same client name as Prima, there are further steps needed to get it to detect the table automatically. Fortunately, you only need to do this once. After following the above steps you then need to follow these steps:

1. Close down Holdem Manager and the Table Manager.

2. Navigate to C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder and open the ExeNames.txt file with Notepad.

Scroll until you see the following line:
8,Poker.exe

3. Replace this line by changing the 8 to a 10 until it looks like this:

10,Poker.exe

4. Scroll to the bottom and if there is another 10,Poker.exe line then delete this line.

5. Click on File > Save.

6. Restart Holdem Manager and it should now pick up the tables automatically.

fozzy71
11-13-2009, 10:26 PM
My exenames.txt file has this in it for AP, on line 8 of the text file.

5,mainclient.exe

jason86
11-13-2009, 11:09 PM
That's what I have as well. Actually it's the 9th line for me but I doubt that matters. What do you think I should do? Full uninstall, reinstall 1.09? Or should I try that database trick where I rename the file to see if it's corrupted? Seems like it probably isn't if FT and Stars work fine, but I have no idea if that correlates.

fozzy71
11-13-2009, 11:36 PM
Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate.exe

*If that doesn't help, please answer these questions - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174

Make sure you attach your config file:

Please attach your holdemmanager.config file from C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config.

- If your extensions are off you'll just see a file called holdemmanager.
- To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button.
- Click this and attach the file.