PDA

View Full Version : retrieving player actions on different streets

zoom7
11-13-2009, 01:55 PM
I've been trying to figure this out for a while now, but no good so far.

I want to make an SQL query to retrieve player action and bet sizing on different streets, so that I could display hand histories like HEM does when I select "View Selected Hand Histories". (I'm assuming HEM generates these based on SQL queries and doesn't have them cached.)

So far I haven't found any trace of bet size amounts. I know playerhandscashmisc/playerhandsflop/etc contains the total bet/call amount for each street but that's no good. How to handle situations where player bets, another player raises and the original bettor re-raises?

If anybody has experience with this kind of thing please help :)

fozzy71
11-13-2009, 05:27 PM
I have forwarded this thread to the developer for a reply.

Rvg72
11-13-2009, 06:58 PM
I've been trying to figure this out for a while now, but no good so far.

I want to make an SQL query to retrieve player action and bet sizing on different streets, so that I could display hand histories like HEM does when I select "View Selected Hand Histories". (I'm assuming HEM generates these based on SQL queries and doesn't have them cached.)

So far I haven't found any trace of bet size amounts. I know playerhandscashmisc/playerhandsflop/etc contains the total bet/call amount for each street but that's no good. How to handle situations where player bets, another player raises and the original bettor re-raises?

If anybody has experience with this kind of thing please help :)

Hi,

In the PlayerHandsFlop/Turn/River tables you have

betpercentofpot
raisepercentofpot
facingraisepercentofpot
facingbetpercentofpot

These will give you the size of the bet/raise the player makes and/or is facing. For actual Actions use the preflop/flop/turn/riverplayeractiontype_id columns from the PlayersHandsCashKeyColumns table to get the overall action from the street and the ID relates to this list:

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=17905

Roy

Ksu
01-26-2010, 07:52 PM
Hello!

I'm trying to do the same thing like the op and Rvg72's reply was helpful.
But I have a problem understanding actiontypes like XRRR, how are those encoded in the playerhandsflop/turn/river table? E.g., how do I know the bet size of the re-raise and the re-re-raise in the XRRR example? I only see a "betamount" column, which is the sum of all bets made. Also the "(facing)(bet/raise)percentofpot" columns didn't help me. After hours of trying to figure this out, it is a big mystery to me how this actually works! I'd appreciate any explanation how to read this information.

Thanks alot! And great product so far (except that the DB schema looks like black magic to me at the moment :))

Ksu
01-27-2010, 08:01 PM
Nevermind, I think figured it out. The exact betsizes for each action can only be obtained by parsing the actual hand history in the table handhistories I think. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Merlinius
02-16-2010, 09:44 PM
Hey, could you please give a final comment on this?

Is it possible to obtain the exact raise sizes in certain situations? For instance: I want to filter for all hands where I 5bet and want to get the effective size of my 5bet (minus all previous money already invested).

Example:
$400 stacks
Villain is CO and raises to $10
Hero is Button and 3-bets to $30
CO 4-bets to $100
Hero 5-bets all-in to $400 total

Now the effective 5-bet is $370 because I had already invested $30. Is it possible to obtain this value? If so, how?

Please help, I've been working on this for two hours now :(

Merlinius
02-21-2010, 10:10 PM
could you please give a comment on this?