PDA

View Full Version : HUD "blinks" when a table is selected

piguanitore
04-02-2012, 05:12 PM
Hi,

I have a problem with my hud that I didn't have before (I just reinstalled windows and everything, but I don't remember how my options were set).

Whenever I click on a table to select it, the hud sort of "blinks", it disappears for a split second, this is annoying. However after the table is seleted, no matter how many times i click on it, it stands still.
But then when I click on another table, the hud for that specific table blinks again.

Is there a way to fix that ?

Thank you for your answer.

Patvs
04-02-2012, 05:23 PM
Are you using HM1 or HM2?
On which site are you playing?

HM1:

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe, even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates.

--

HM2:

Update to: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HM_2.0.0.6577.exe (update)

Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\holdemmanager.exe, hudfuncsapp.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager2 installation directory. Right click the executables and select properties... then select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall for those files even if the firewall is turned off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily.

Run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates.

Turn off User Account Control: How to Disable and Turn Off UAC in Windows 7 « My Digital Life (http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/12/30/how-to-disable-and-turn-off-uac-in-windows-7/)

piguanitore
04-03-2012, 02:05 PM
I have HM1 on Windows XP SP3.
I'm using Windows Firewall only. I added exceptions for every single application in the \holdem manager\ folder.
But the problem is still there.
Could this be because I don't have the same drivers for my graphic card, and or my monitor ?

Patvs
04-03-2012, 09:01 PM
Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Run a manual Windows Update and install all updates, including all .net framework updates.

And yes... install the latest beta driver for your videocard.

piguanitore
04-04-2012, 07:07 AM
I did. I asked that because i searched for the latest drivers for everything, but it's not the same drivers than last time, for my video card and monitor.
So i guess before I reinstalled windows my drivers were not up to date but the hud didn't blink though...
I don't really know what to do.

Patvs
04-04-2012, 12:05 PM
What's your videocard, GPU chipset?
Can you downgrade the driver to an older version?

piguanitore
04-04-2012, 12:57 PM
I have an ATI HD 4870.
I don't know how to downgrade the driver. I took it from the official latest drivers.
But last time I think what I did was installing from the cd delivered with the card (which I lost).

Patvs
04-04-2012, 08:07 PM
On which site are you playing?
hud options--> table preferences--> turn on lock the layout

piguanitore
04-06-2012, 12:24 PM
I'm playing on Ongame. Turning on 'lock the layout' didn't change anything except I couldn't move the panels while holding right click, but the hud still blinks.
It's not that big of a deal, i'm kinda getting used to it now, but it's a bit weird.

Patvs
04-06-2012, 10:09 PM
Try: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate_Release_1.12.10_06Apr2012b.exe

Weird possible solutions: update your (Logitech?) mouse driver.

avocado26
04-17-2012, 01:28 PM
Have same problem

Using windows 7 HM1 v1.12.10

Have everything running as administrator, added exceptions to AVG Antivirus and windows firewall. Have updated the graphics. Tried to lock the layout solution.

Had similar problem with HM2 and that was resolved by changing theme in windows to basic. Tried that in this case to but still no effect. Any more ideas?

Patvs
04-18-2012, 02:20 AM
hud options--> config properties--> change the z-ordering (and restart HM2)

avocado26
04-18-2012, 05:25 AM
hud options--> config properties--> change the z-ordering (and restart HM2)

Thanks but im using HM1 :)

Patvs
04-19-2012, 01:37 AM
@avocado Update to: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate_Release_1.12.10a_Internal.exe
Did you also try the lock the layout? On which site are you playing?

avocado26
04-19-2012, 07:52 AM
@avocado Update to: http://www.holdemmanager.com/Downloads/HmUpdate_Release_1.12.10a_Internal.exe
Did you also try the lock the layout? On which site are you playing?

Yupp will try the update, tried lock the layout without succes. Playing att Ongame which is the only network where the hud blinks for me

netsrak
04-19-2012, 08:16 AM
If you don't find a solution in the configuration of your video card you can try to enable table preferences -> force on top

avocado26
04-19-2012, 09:26 AM
If you don't find a solution in the configuration of your video card you can try to enable table preferences -> force on top

Force on top solved it, thanks alot!