PDA

View Full Version : Purging seems to freeze HM

eastern motors
09-11-2008, 10:29 PM
I have tried twice to purge all my datamined hands to free up some HD space. HM just seems to freeze. In the below screen shot it has been running for about 3 hours but isn't using much CPU and Task Manager says it is not responding. What can I do to purge some hands?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3157/2850055656_f065b02207_b.jpg

eastern motors
09-11-2008, 10:57 PM
I just got an error that says "There was an error during the Purge: Connection establishment timeout. Increase Timeout value in ConnectionString."

I clicked ok and then go this error: "There was an error during the Purge: 57014: cancelling statement do to user request"

I didn't do anything to cancel.

domino66
09-12-2008, 12:44 AM
purging has been busted for months.

search for my previous post, where i let a purge (of 500 hands lol!) run for 24 hours, before giving up and ctrl-alt-delete > killing the HEM process.

How this isn't #1 on the HEM-things-to-fix list is beyond me.

eastern motors
09-12-2008, 03:09 AM

search for my previous post, where i let a purge (of 500 hands lol!) run for 24 hours, before giving up and ctrl-alt-delete > killing the HEM process.

It should at least be disabled in the menus. I wasted like 5 hours when I could've been playing but instead I let me computer sit and "purge".

RVG, can you confirm this even though it seems to be the case?

morny
09-12-2008, 10:03 AM
It times out for some people not everybody, removing it wouldnt make sense since lots of people are using it effectively. It is being worked on but its a difficult one since it only effects some people and Roy put alot of effort into getting this into place in the first place but there is also lots of other features/bugs that other people think are #1 and its impossible to suit everyone.

I can understand its fustrating but im sure youll agree Roy and Mike are constantly releasing new features and fixing bugs but like i said its impossible to please everyone. If it was a simple fix you can be sure it would have been done already and well continue to work on it and release a fix as soon as possible for people having trouble with it

morny
09-12-2008, 10:05 AM
btw as a temporary solution which wont suit everyone if you load the last 500 hands in the Hands Tab and then right click and choose delete all hands in list it will delete them pretty quick so although it wont help people trying to purge large amounts of hands it might be a temporary solution for others

jetsfan31
09-12-2008, 11:07 AM

+1

I'm big into mining and my database is HUGE, but my comp can't take any more hands b/c my C: drive is completely full.

I'm currently @ 12ptbb/hr and the only reason I can't move up is b/c my db cant take the new mined hands i have for the next level! Anxiously awaiting the purge/deleted observed hands feature to be fixed....

morny
09-12-2008, 11:36 AM
Jetsfan have you another drive with more space, ill give you instructions on how to move it if that helps, just email me monry@holdemmanager.net and ill give you a step by step

jetsfan31
09-12-2008, 12:31 PM
Morny,

I appreciate the offer and I'll probably shoot you an email within the next few days b/c I'd like to eventually move my db. But the prob is at last look my postgre folder was 52.6 GB and that was 3 weeks ago....my only spare drive has 53 GB, so it would only be a short term solution at best since I'm on a laptop.

Like I said, I'm willing to wait bc I'm crushing the game and there are way worse things than building a roll...lol.....

Just want to say how amazing you and Roy and the other guys working on HEM are at handling the customer service aspect of your job. You guys do a hell of a job. It's got to be a brutal job to please everyone and I completely understand there is a priority list. I just wanted to hope to give a little bump to purging on that list.

Thanks again and I'll be following up shortly.

punta
09-30-2008, 06:55 AM
Is this being fixed as I have now got my new laptop and want to use a external drive for my database - but I need to get rid of some datamined hands, as I have not got room for them on the usb drive. But it just freezes up when I try to purge the hands :(

What can I do?

Diesel7
09-30-2008, 08:32 PM
You need to have 50 million (DATAMINED) hands in order to have 50 GB in PostgreSQL/data/base folder.
Try deleting all files in ...data/pg_log folder, it will free up alot of space.

Rvg72
10-01-2008, 12:53 AM
Working on this again right now - not sure why this is working so poorly for a lot of people but will try to get it sorted.

Roy

eastern motors
10-15-2008, 05:26 PM
Working on this again right now - not sure why this is working so poorly for a lot of people but will try to get it sorted.

Roy

This would help me out a lot. If you need testers or any other help please let me know.

morny
10-16-2008, 12:55 PM
Improvements were made with this Beta http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.06.04beta.exe see how that runs for you now