PDA

View Full Version : HUD Not working properly on replayer?

ticky123
11-13-2009, 12:33 AM
Hi

The HUD appears on the holdem manager replayer BUT when playing through the hands,the number of "HANDS" count does NOT increase (# stays the same) and when getting near the end of the session the number of "HAND" count has actually decreases. Ok i'm i going crazy or what is the deal?

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks

netsrak
11-13-2009, 04:34 AM
Which HM version?

ticky123
11-13-2009, 12:12 PM
The version is 1.09 c/w update patch.

netsrak
11-13-2009, 01:43 PM
Thanks, i'll forward it for a fix

Mike chops
11-16-2009, 01:52 PM
The stats are correct up to the day of the hand if you select that option. We don't currently filter to exclude hand played after the hand in question.

I'm unclear why the number of hands would decrease. Possibly because the number of players changed and the additional hud filters exclude some previously counted hands?

ticky123
11-20-2009, 01:34 PM
I was hoping for a fix.:(

Again as the game progresses if anything the hand count should increase NOT decrease! (it starts with over a thousand hands and then as the game continues on it drops drastically to a few hundred),,,,,it also does it to the rest of the players in the replayer.

Can someone else try this and see what they come up with?
(Tournament Replay)

A fix is needed here because what good is the HUD on the replayer if it does not work properly?

Second;
Is there a way to disable the HUD from appearing on the replayer?
(deselecting the HUD in the "player preference" / Use for site/ from the replayer does not seem to disable the HUD from the replayer)
,,,it there another way?

Thanks

fozzy71
11-20-2009, 04:01 PM
I was hoping for a fix.:(

Again as the game progresses if anything the hand count should increase NOT decrease! (it starts with over a thousand hands and then as the game continues on it drops drastically to a few hundred),,,,,it also does it to the rest of the players in the replayer.

Can someone else try this and see what they come up with?
(Tournament Replay)

A fix is needed here because what good is the HUD on the replayer if it does not work properly?

I was unable to reproduce this but I dont have a lot of tourney hands in my DB. I am lucky if one of the players in the replayer has over 100 hands.

Second;
Is there a way to disable the HUD from appearing on the replayer?
(deselecting the HUD in the "player preference" / Use for site/ from the replayer does not seem to disable the HUD from the replayer)
,,,it there another way?

Thanks

Open the Replayer > [ ] Show Player Stats > Close the Replayer

Next time you open it no HUD will show.

ticky123
11-20-2009, 08:52 PM
[QUOTE=fozzy71;105535]I was unable to reproduce this but I dont have a lot of tourney hands in my DB. I am lucky if one of the players in the replayer has over 100 hands.

Can someone please try out the HUD within the replayer and observe whether the HAND count works properly. (tournament results).

Theoretically the # of hands should increase after each hand played.

This is what happens with my hand count when i replay a tournament session;

1) At the start of the game hands count are visiable (# of hands varies from player to player).

2) After a few hands the hand count stays the same.

3) Near the middle or late stage the game the # of hands decreases (drops like a rock) and not by hand per hand increments but by big numbers, Eg) 500 to 60 just after one hand!

All you need is a couple hundred hands either from yourself or other players to test this out.

Can you please post your results here so the "support team" hopefully can fix this bug.

Thank you

fozzy71
11-21-2009, 12:48 AM
I have forwarded this thread to my colleagues to see if any of them can reproduce it.

fozzy71
11-21-2009, 01:25 AM
Can you please try to reproduce this problem in a new DB.

*Try creating a new UTF DB - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146
*Now import a small portion of your \HMArchive so you can see if the problem exists in the new DB - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=173
*If the new DB seems to work properly, you will want to import the rest of your archives to the new DB, export/import the hands from the old DB to the new DB, and export/import any player notes and tourney summaries - and then delete the old DB. - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=21

Make sure you export/backup everything before deleting the old DB - http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20754

ticky123
12-08-2009, 02:27 PM
Hi Fozzy;

Ok i have created a new data base and ran a sample size as suggested.

Results;

*Replayed a HH with 352 hands.
*From the 1st hand to the last one the # of hands remained to same and the other stats did not change (which stands to reason) EXCEPT ONLY with one of the hands, about 1/2 way through the game, the hand count went from 352 down to 7, then back to 352.

* I'm sure i'm not the only one experiencing this problem?

* Ok what is next?

Thanks

Mike chops
12-08-2009, 02:37 PM
How many people played the hand where the hand stat went from 352 to 7?

ticky123
12-08-2009, 03:10 PM

Please keep in mind it dropped to 7 only on ONE hand then back to 352 on the next hand and all the way to the end.

I just mentioned it in perhaps it could give a clue to the Holdem Manager Experts.

Overall its still not working like it should.

Anyone else having this prob with the HUD not working properly with the REPLAYER?

Please come forth as it may give the support team something to solve this fustrating prob.

Thank you

Mike chops
12-08-2009, 03:11 PM
we are doing our best. But could you do your part and answer my question?

ticky123
12-08-2009, 05:24 PM
we are doing our best. But could you do your part and answer my question?

Update;

Correction 7 should actually be 57.

Just ran the small sample size again and there are 8 players when the hand stat went from 352 to 57. The hand before this 8 player in,,,,the hand before that there were 9 players.

This HH consists of 127 hands.
Total hands imported for this small sample = 331
Total hands shown on the replayer = 352

The only stat that works properly is the M.

Hope this helps.

I;m going to create another database with a different sample size and will let you know my findings.

Thanks

Mike chops
12-08-2009, 05:37 PM
Can you check HUD options->additional hud filters. If you have 8 players in hand you might be excluding hands with 9 players - which would be most of the tournament.

ticky123
12-08-2009, 06:10 PM
ok i created another new database with a small sample import size;

Total hands imported = 550
My net total hands = 286

Replayed HH of 174 total hands;

opened Replayer my H stat with 7 players = 41

remains at 41 and after several hands;

1 players drops out my H stat with 6 players = 44

remains at 44 and after several hands;

Another player drops out my H Stat with 5 players = 9

remains at 9 and after several hands;

Yet another player drops out my H Stat with 4 players = 66

remains at 66 and after several hands;

Another villian drops out my H Stat with 3 players = 84

remains at 84 and after several hands;

One more player drops my H Stat with 2 players = 66

Now were heads up , yes i'm running good!!!,,,,:)

game ends with my H Stat of 66

Hope this helps, looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you

ticky123
12-08-2009, 06:23 PM
Here is my filter SETTINGS for # of players;

# of players 2; min = 2 max = 3

# of players 3; min = 3 max = 4

# of players 4; min = 4 max = 5

# of players 5; min = 5 max = 6

# of players 6; min = 6 max = 7

# of players 7; min = 7 max = 8

# of players 8; min = 2 max = 10

# of players 9; min = 2 max = 10

# of players 10; min = 2 max = 10

Are these settings correct?

If NOT what should they be set at?

Thank you

Mike chops
12-08-2009, 06:49 PM
Some people don't want 10 player stats when they are playing heads-up. Others prefer to have every hand. Please set everything to 2 min and 10 max. That way no hands will be excluded.

ticky123
12-08-2009, 07:29 PM
ok set everything to min 2 max 10;

Ran the previous same HH on replayer again and now my H Stats remain at 204 from start to finish!

Ok this is driving ne NUTS!

Thanks

ticky123
12-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Ok it seems like its taking forever to resolve this problem and it looks like no one else is having simlilar problems so due to this i want to reinstall the complete program c/w PostgreSQL but WITHOUT loosing my data base,,,,,,please get back to me how to do this in a simple format as i already have wasted many HOURS on this program!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not impressed!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

netsrak
12-09-2009, 03:32 PM
If it is a problem with your database a reinstall with preserving the database will not help.

I suggest you give Mike a little bit more time to answer again (i'll forward this to him).
And if you really want to reinstall everything you find all steps in our FAQ.

Mike chops
12-09-2009, 04:03 PM
The last I heard from you, after fixing the filter by number of players the hands count stayed constant. The hands are only filtered up to the day of the tournament. So unless you pass midnight whilst playing, the hands count won't change.

I appreciate this isn't what you would like, you would prefer the hand count to be right up to the time of the hand so they went 1, 2, 3 etc. But that's not how HEM works currently. I'm sorry you are getting frustrated but I think I explained it in my first post.

The stats are correct up to the day of the hand if you select that option. We don't currently filter to exclude hand played after the hand in question.

I'm unclear why the number of hands would decrease. Possibly because the number of players changed and the additional hud filters exclude some previously counted hands?

ticky123
12-09-2009, 06:43 PM
Ok lets just pause the problems i'm having with HUD and the replayer and go into a more serious problem i have just encountered this morning;

When playing LIVE;

* I start auto import ands it starts.
- Import Progress; after 3 bars it locks up.
- Found 14 files to process.
- Files Imported; 1 of 14 Estimated time Remaining; 2 Minutes.
- Hands imported; 2 hands/s: 0.2/s
- Duplicate hands; 0
- Import errors; 0

The above stays like that forever and ever.

* The hud appears at the LIVE table but # of hands are stuck at 2,,,if my memmory serves me right the hand count should increase like in 1, 2, 3 while playing live,,,it did work intially when i installed the program.

One more thing,,,,,,when i press "Stop Import" it now never stops!

PS; everything worked when 1 st installed the program (other than the replayer problems)

Any ideas before i toss my computer out the window?

Thanks

fozzy71
12-09-2009, 08:59 PM
One more thing,,,,,,when i press "Stop Import" it now never stops!

This is almost always because HM is not set to run as admin.

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator.

ticky123
12-09-2009, 09:36 PM
Hi

I'm running windows XP,,,,no options to select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

What do you recommend next?

Thank you

fozzy71
12-09-2009, 10:11 PM
Is XP fully updated to SP3? Microsoft .net framework 3.5 installed? Which Firewall and Anti-Virus are you using?

ticky123
12-09-2009, 11:00 PM
The support promptiness is awesome!!!!!!!

Is XP fully updated to SP3? { YES } Microsoft .net framework 3.5 installed?
{ YES } Which Firewall (Router default firewall ) and Anti-Virus are you using? {Avast}

Update;

Removed all sample databases.
Since HM Import was Freezing (hanging) i suspect a HH file(s) was causing this hang up,,,,so ran PT3 to clear HH in all folders.

Net result = auto import, stop auto import, LIVE Hud, and all stats work as they should!!!,,,,even the # of hand stats increase after each hand is played out.

(lets hope this last for a while,,,,lol)

i have not had a chance to try the HUD on the Replayer but will as soon as i get a moment and report back.

Again, thanks for you prompt response!