PDA

View Full Version : ipoker Cannot Mark Hands

mr_mooray
09-11-2008, 08:29 PM
Have searched in the 2+2 forums but without any solutions, and wondered whether this was on the to do list, or whether it is low priority.

When I finally manage to bring the HEM HH HUD up to mark a hand, everytime I click the HH window ipoker (Propaganda Poker) steals focus again making it impossible for me to mark a it or choose another hand to view.

morny
09-12-2008, 10:56 AM
Fixed in this version http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.06.03g.exe

mr_mooray
09-13-2008, 08:50 AM
Downloaded the latest patch and still the same problem.

I realize that this used to be a problem for player notes (which works fine) but ipoker still steals focus when using the HEM HH window.

I am running windows XP pro sp2 with the latest HEM patch at ipoker skin Propaganda poker.

First of all its really difficult to get the HEM HH window up during play and I have to click multiple times before it pops up. Then Its impossible to change which hand you would like to view as ipoker just constantly steals focus.

If I do want to mark the current hand that is being viewed I have to click constantly on and off for about 5 seconds and then only sometimes does it check the box. It seems as though focus goes back and from ipoker and the HH history window.

morny
09-14-2008, 02:30 PM
Have you force on top selected in Hud Options > Player Preferences, please untick it

mr_mooray
09-14-2008, 07:38 PM
Im afraid its already unchecked. I also have power toys tweak UI settings as normal as I thought that could be interfering with focus.

Would it help if I uploaded a video showing the problem ?

morny
09-15-2008, 10:40 AM
There is a focus issue when its your turn at another table which we dont have a fix for but id imagine it would only cause a problem like you described for a large amount of tables. How many do you play?

mr_mooray
09-15-2008, 11:01 AM
I play anywhere from 3-5 tables, and im pretty sure its not ipoker stealing focus when Its my turn.

I run window blinds, so my windows xp interface is slightly different but I don't think this would intefere with anything. I have repeatedly changed version of Hem to see whether this could be a problem with no luck either.

Does this seem to be a problem with just me? I could try running it on a different computer with a trial version of HEM to see whether the problem still happens with my ipoker skin.

morny
09-15-2008, 06:49 PM
The focus issue on mine is definetely caused when its my go on any table the table steals focus to bring it to the front and if your in the middle of writing a note youll find that your note is actually finished in the chat box of the table that just stole focus but we dont have a fix for that currently. It would also depend on what you play, if you play headsup id imagine it would be a constant problem but 5-6 tables at FR shouldnt be too problamatic but i agree its a pain

Maybe try it on a different PC to see if theres a difference or if this is something else

Fletcher19
10-07-2008, 01:23 AM
I have this exact same problem and it's super annoying :(

this occured on my desktop at home and now on my macbook, both running xp.

prolly not relevant but this is on noIQ poker

mr_mooray
10-07-2008, 05:53 AM
I managed to solve the problem. Its true that ipoker skins will steal focus so that everytime action is required on a different table you are unable to mark a hand, but this was not what was happening with me.

I had windows blinds installed which completely changed the title bar theme of ipoker and the HEM HUD HH marker. As soon as I told windows blinds to ignore everyting to do with poker (HEM, HUD, Table Manager, ipoker etc.) I no longer had this problem.

I don't know why windows blinds caused problems but it did, so if you have anything installed that modifies the theme of windows to a higher degree than normal stop it running and see if that helps.

Fletcher19
10-07-2008, 10:06 AM
I managed to solve the problem. Its true that ipoker skins will steal focus so that everytime action is required on a different table you are unable to mark a hand, but this was not what was happening with me.

I had windows blinds installed which completely changed the title bar theme of ipoker and the HEM HUD HH marker. As soon as I told windows blinds to ignore everyting to do with poker (HEM, HUD, Table Manager, ipoker etc.) I no longer had this problem.

I don't know why windows blinds caused problems but it did, so if you have anything installed that modifies the theme of windows to a higher degree than normal stop it running and see if that helps.

Hey mate i think this could be it as i have windows blinds too. I still cant get it to work though :( do you mind posting all the apps that you blocked? if that's too much trouble can you maybe point me towards some more obscure ones that i might have missed?

I'll ship you $50 on stars/noIQ/FTP if you can get it working for me :)

Mike chops
10-07-2008, 12:46 PM
Yes I'd be interested in which apps were causing problems too. Somebody mentioned an NVIDIA multiple monitor gizmo messed things up for him.

Fletcher19
10-08-2008, 03:39 AM
turns out the problem for me was a combination of windows blinds AND ultramon. even after i excluded every program i could conceivably think of with windows blinds it still didn't work :/

i've got rid of both of them now