PDA

View Full Version : micro stakes configuration

cunningfox
11-12-2009, 06:34 PM
Hi, I just got my HEM set up today and wanted to know if this is a good configuration... I play micro stakes HE. Also how should I color code? thanks in advance
VPIP
PF raise
AGG

Steal
BB fold 2 steal

flop c bet
fold to flop CB
Raise flop cb
fold turn cbet

3bet
fold to 3 bet
hands

_Loki_
11-12-2009, 09:12 PM
Hi Cunningfox

What games do you play though? sng? full ring? 6max? cash or tourney etc? Colour coding depends on the game

I'm just a customer like you who plays microstakes - this is just my opinion...

notes/ autorate icons / Ab name / hands
VP$P / PFR / Ag factor

These are all I use for 6max NLHE at microstakes - notes are especially good unless you multitable - then you don't have time to write them

The big main thing about HM IMO is it helps me see how I'm playing & where I'm falling down

The problem at microstakes is you will not often play the same players so it's difficult to collect enough HH's to make the deep stats pay off. I don't think I'll be using deep stats until I'm a couple of stakes levels higher

Also next time you meet a particular villain his stats can be wildly different from last time you played him - really, really different. The ones who are absolute rocks remain constant & the maniacs don't stay on a site for long - they blame the site (never themselves !) & go lose another deposit at another site etc etc. The guys in the middle vary their play depending on countless factors ... how loose/aggressive the table? The cat died - you name it

I played at PokerStars 1c/2c for 3 months before I moved up a stake level
I collected HH's on 7,917 players & ONLY 304 of them had more than 99 hands. If I sat at a 6max table & found two players there with over 100 hands I was very lucky

However you only need about 40-50 hands to detect a fish using the 3 main stats

cunningfox
11-13-2009, 12:52 AM
hi loki, interesting stuff thanks.
Right now i play 6 max nl5... usually 4 or 5 tables, i'd like to color code the stats but dont know what ranges to use, as im not familiar with the program yet

_Loki_
11-13-2009, 05:41 AM
Do you REALLY want all those stats in your HUD ? ...

Keep it simple - especially when you 1st start to use HM - it takes a long time to understand how the stats work together - best to play chords now & work up to Jimi Hendrix (RIP) later. On the very rare times when you want the deep stats - which will nearly always be post flop - you can use the pop ups

I'll come back with colours

_Loki_
11-13-2009, 06:15 AM
Look here though I think his mid-ranges are too narrow for microstakes:
http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=4166&page=23

& also google "holdem manager" 6-max HUD stats ranges
& also have you looked in HM ? Click on "Articles" in the menu

My colours FWIW...

NAME: <20 RED, <40 YELLOW, <INF GREY

VP$P: <20 RED, <50 GREY, <INF GREEN (you have to have a wide grey range at microstakes)

PFR: <12 RED, <36 GREY, <INF GREEN (ditto)

AG FACT: <1.20 RED, <3.60 GREY, <INF GREEN (ditto)

WINNINGS: <0.00 RED, <INF GREY (This stat will not work until the first beta of 1.10)

I've looked at the really successful players on my HM DB & the stats of the winning players vary from player to player. they are all a little different from each other - but they all can be hyper-aggressive in the right places

Limpers are losers

Look out for stealing blinds - profitable players do that a lot