PDA

View Full Version : Installation Error & Activation Code Question

kylephilly
11-11-2009, 06:52 PM
I've installed HEM on this same laptop in the past, but didn't activate HEM because I couldn't get POSTGRESQL working. Anyway, the laptop has been rebuilt and I'm trying to get it to work this time.

However, when doing a simple setup - install I am returning this error.

"Error writing to file (C:\....RVG Software\Holdem Manager\EasyHook32.dll. Verify that you have access to that directory."

As I said before, I didn't have a problem installing before the rebuild. I've tried a different location and I've removed it from programs and deleted the RVG folder before doing so. Can't figure it out.

Also, how do I get my registration/activation code (I only activiated once). I can't find the email from HEM which sent me the code, and now I don't know how to activate once I get this install working.

Thanks,
Kyle

fozzy71
11-11-2009, 09:45 PM
What firewall and anti-virus are you using? Can you try disabling or uninstalling it, while installing HM?

Try this, for the parent folder where you are installing. Example: Right-Click on \Program Files, and follow these stteps.

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showpost.php?p=102943&postcount=6

Also, make sure you have unzipped the installer properly, before running the setup file.

- Right-Click > Extract All to your .zip file.
- That should create a new folder with the contents, which should allow the setup to run properly.
- If you have any issues with the windows not having an Extract menu under Right-Click, try www.7zip.org.

If none of that helps, we can setup a teamviewer session to see whats wrong. I think I have your support email also.

kylephilly
11-11-2009, 10:44 PM
Tried that, didn't work, don't have a heavy duty firewall, like I said I have had htis installed before no problem.

kylephilly
11-11-2009, 11:14 PM
Disabled McAfee Firewall and IPS

Didn't do anything

netsrak
11-12-2009, 04:49 AM
Go for the Teamviewer session...

For the key please contact sales@holdemmanager.net with your purchase details.