PDA

View Full Version : Purge hands drawback: No total winnings graph

_Loki_
11-10-2009, 02:42 PM
** SYSTEM:
XP & PostgreSQL 8.4 UTF8 DB

** BACKGROUND:
I recently moved up from $0.01/$0.02 NLHE to the dizzy heights of $0.02/$0.05 NLHE & so I purged my 1c/2c NLHE hands. I did this to optimise my HUD rather than to save HDD space

** THE PROBLEM:
It's my own fault, but I hadn't realised I would no longer be able to view a graph of my total winnings - I can now only view my winnings at 2c/5c - Idiot !

** MY PROPOSED SOLUTION:
1] Keep my DB as it is & have it as the default DB
2] Create a 2nd DB within the same postgreSQL installation which I will name "FULL INFO". It will store all my NLHE cash games at all stakes levels - I obviously have all the data somewhere. When I want to view my total winnings graphs I can just open this DB
3] Once a month I will update the "FULL INFO" DB from my default DB
4] Once a week back up my HM Archive to a USB flash drive

** QUESTIONS
1] Does my solution make sense ?
2] If so... is it the most efficient ?
3] What is the best way of doing steps 2] & 3] above ?
For example is there a way of automating this - I was thinking that on the first day of every month I would export the previous months HH's from HM Archive folder for that previous month to the "FULL INFO" DB

fozzy71
11-10-2009, 05:20 PM

** QUESTIONS
1] Does my solution make sense ?
2] If so... is it the most efficient ?
3] What is the best way of doing steps 2] & 3] above ?
For example is there a way of automating this - I was thinking that on the first day of every month I would export the previous months HH's from HM Archive folder for that previous month to the "FULL INFO" DB

Yes
Probably. It sounds easy to remember that schedule.
Your method of the HMArchive is fine, or you can export the hands for the past month (assuming you dont play 100K hands a month) using the workaround filtered export.

Sessions tab > right-click > set all filters to session date/time range > hands tab > [x] all > right-click > export all hands to hard drive. In case you didnt know, you can also email support (assuming stars or ftp) and ask them to send you all your hand histories and tourney summaries.

_Loki_
11-10-2009, 05:40 PM
Thanks Fozzy

Sessions tab > right-click > set all filters to session date/time range > hands tab > [x] all > right-click > export all hands to hard drive. In case you didnt know, you can also email support (assuming stars or ftp) and ask them to send you all your hand histories and tourney summaries.

** Can it be made clear in the manual that purging observed hands (all mine are ones I've played) will screw up your winnings graph (& I suppose rakeback etc ??)

** Is there a way of purging hands - but cleverly adjusting the zero-point of the graph etc to allow for the discrepency created ?
[i.e. If I'm up $80 overall (from the 1c/2c level) on what I initially deposited with PokerStars - can I "tell" my 2c/5c graph to start at +$80 ?]

fozzy71
11-10-2009, 08:11 PM
Thanks Fozzy

** Can it be made clear in the manual that purging observed hands (all mine are ones I've played) will screw up your winnings graph (& I suppose rakeback etc ??)

I will forward these details to the person updating the manual.

** Is there a way of purging hands - but cleverly adjusting the zero-point of the graph etc to allow for the discrepency created ?
[i.e. If I'm up $80 overall (from the 1c/2c level) on what I initially deposited with PokerStars - can I "tell" my 2c/5c graph to start at +$80 ?]

HM isn't really meant to be a bankroll tracker, so there is no easy way to do what you want. Check out this free bankroll tracker that works with HM last I knew.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/45/software/new-free-software-bankroll-tracker-0-3-a-459980/

_Loki_
11-10-2009, 09:50 PM
Check out this free bankroll tracker that works with HM last I knew.
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/45/software/new-free-software-bankroll-tracker-0-3-a-459980/

Looks good - will give it a try

Thank you Fozzy