PDA

View Full Version : Problems using a connection to a remote database server with an SSH tunnel

checkraise
11-10-2009, 10:33 AM
Hello,

I use Holdemmanager on my PC at home and on my laptop when travelling. Both connect to a remote PostGres server through an ssh tunnel I make with plink. Unfortunately this connection is not as stable as it should be. I only notice it when I try to refresh the stats or to pop up some window from the HUD. That means, the connection to the database can be down for a while before I notice. Once I reestablish the connection, HM starts working again but doesn't seem to account for the hands played while the connection was down.

1. Can you change this so that HM fetches all hands played even after such an event?
2. Could HM pop up an alert when the connection to the database breaks down so that I notice it immediately?
3. Of course I could try to connect to the DB without an SSH tunnel, but for security reasons I don't want an unencrypted connection. Does HM support SSL? Maybe the connection would be better.

Thanks.

PS: of course I use the newest HM version.

fozzy71
11-10-2009, 11:12 AM
I have forwarded this thread to my colleagues for a reply.

fabio
11-12-2009, 06:52 PM
Restarting HM should fix the problem and have mising hands reimport.

"Could HM pop up an alert when the connection to the database breaks down so that I notice it immediately?" - We will look into it

"Of course I could try to connect to the DB without an SSH tunnel, but for security reasons I don't want an unencrypted connection. Does HM support SSL? Maybe the connection would be better." - HM has no SSL support, sorry