PDA

View Full Version : Some HUD questions

MattSLY
11-09-2009, 06:04 PM
I just downloaded and installed HEM today and tried the HUD out. It worked fine for the most part, except for the fact that when I moved the table, the HUD wouldn't move with it. IOW when I moved the table, the stat boxes sat in the same spot on the screen. How do I fix this?

Also, how do I tweak the mucked cards feature so that the display shows the cards where I want it to?

EDIT: I got the stat boxes to move too. But now, after using the "mucked card alignment" feature in table preferences, I can't see the mucked cards now. I did remember to uncheck the "card and alignment edit" box too and I didn't check/uncheck any other boxes.

Patvs
11-09-2009, 07:00 PM
I just downloaded and installed HEM today and tried the HUD out. It worked fine for the most part, except for the fact that when I moved the table, the HUD wouldn't move with it. IOW when I moved the table, the stat boxes sat in the same spot on the screen. How do I fix this?

Also, how do I tweak the mucked cards feature so that the display shows the cards where I want it to?

-1 Try HUD OPTIONS--> TABLE PREFERENCES and make sure "lock the layout" is selected. However you move a table, the HUD should move along. The lock layout is more used if you start resizing tables and want to lock/change the position of the HUD windows.

-2 in the same HUD OPTIONS---> Table Preferences you can also select the mucked cards time, etc. To tweak the position of the mucked cards,.... when you see the mucked cards, quickly move them to the position you want by right-click dragging the window), do this for all players once it's perfect. And then lock the layout (see 1)

MattSLY
11-09-2009, 07:11 PM
EDIT: I got the stat boxes to move too. But now, after using the "mucked card alignment" feature in table preferences, I can't see the mucked cards now. I did remember to uncheck the "card and alignment edit" box too and I didn't check/uncheck any other boxes.

On top of this, for some reason when a hand goes to showdown where seats 5 and 6 played a hand, the board cards only show 1 card, then the rest of the cards are stacked on top of eachother in the top left corner of the table. FWIW this also happened when I did the "card and alignment edit" box, where the AAAAA board only had 1 A out in the middle and had the rest stacked up in the top left corner.

EDIT: I just realized that I received an error message that had something to do with the .NET framework and now the HUD isn't updating anything - its just staying the same and it didn't change when players left the table and new players joined. HELP!!! Unfortunately I forget what the error message actually said.

fozzy71
11-09-2009, 09:30 PM
On top of this, for some reason when a hand goes to showdown where seats 5 and 6 played a hand, the board cards only show 1 card, then the rest of the cards are stacked on top of eachother in the top left corner of the table. FWIW this also happened when I did the "card and alignment edit" box, where the AAAAA board only had 1 A out in the middle and had the rest stacked up in the top left corner.

1) Close HM and the Table Manager.
2) Delete your existing position files, so HM will rebuild them to default.
3) Delete > \Holdem Manager\Config\pospref.txt and pospref2.txt.
4) Start HM< Auto Import, Open the Table Manager, and open 1 cash table.
5) Use Ctrl Right-Click Drag to move the panels Move the main/first panel for each player first. This is the panel with the Note Icon (asterisk).
6) Once the main panel is in the proper position, you can position any hud sub-panels for each player.
7) Once they are set, go to Table Manager > File > Save Positions.
8) Close that table, open a new one, and sit to play.

EDIT: I just realized that I received an error message that had something to do with the .NET framework and now the HUD isn't updating anything - its just staying the same and it didn't change when players left the table and new players joined. HELP!!! Unfortunately I forget what the error message actually said.

Reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework:

1) Go to Control Panel -> Add/Remove Software and uninstall every Microsoft .NET Framework you can find in the list.
2) Install this one: http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/0/e/20e90413-712f-438c-988e-fdaa79a8ac3d/dotnetfx35.exe

MattSLY
11-10-2009, 07:32 AM
I tried your suggestions and the HUD is working again. But my question is, should I not change the postional preferences at all ever again or is there some way to use it so that the mucked cards display (and board display) isn't messed up?

MattSLY
11-10-2009, 08:14 AM
Is there a way to make sure that the same HUD layout pops up right away when you sit down on a table? I have two layouts now (the default and my own creation, however I have modified the default to my preference) and would like the default to start automatically but the new config one is starting first even though I haven't completed it yet.

netsrak
11-10-2009, 08:37 AM
you can configure it under player preferences -> Use for

fozzy71
11-10-2009, 11:48 AM
Is there a way to make sure that the same HUD layout pops up right away when you sit down on a table? I have two layouts now (the default and my own creation, however I have modified the default to my preference) and would like the default to start automatically but the new config one is starting first even though I haven't completed it yet.

I would suggest you make a new config, using your customized default HUD. The new HUD will clone that HUD, and then you can disable the other HUDs on the Use For: tab by setting them to sites you dont play. http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=135

Then you will be able to Export your customized HUD to a .xml file for backup. If you ever have problems and have to restore the default HUD or reinstall HM, you can simply import that HUD again from the file you previously exported.

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=169

MattSLY
11-10-2009, 03:29 PM
Reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework:

1) Go to Control Panel -> Add/Remove Software and uninstall every Microsoft .NET Framework you can find in the list.
2) Install this one: http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/0/e/20e90413-712f-438c-988e-fdaa79a8ac3d/dotnetfx35.exe

Hey fozzy, despite following your instructions (above) the error message showed up again and instantly stopped me from being able to use HEM. Here is the error message :

"Microsoft .NET Framework [box title], Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately. Value Dispose() cannot be called while doing CreateHandle()."

(I couldn't access the button "details" since the program was frozen or whatever)

This happened when I was filtering my database for times when I shoved over a 4bet...I believe I had selected "raise PF 4bet" for 50NL.

How can I prevent these errors from happening in the future? I really don't want to have to keep reinstalling the .NET framework.

EDIT: I reopened HEM afterward and I could see the report I was trying to filter and the HUD in the replayer was working. I don't know if the HUD will work when I'm actually playing. I'm gonna check now.

fozzy71
11-10-2009, 08:26 PM
If you continue to get that error Please email fabio@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so you can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download and install the www.Teamviewer.com Quick Support version.