PDA

View Full Version : iPoker broken?

blackhand
09-11-2008, 12:22 PM
Hi,

I'm used to Auto Import with Holdemmanager, and afterwards also import the Hand History Files to my Pokertracker.
Of course, Pokertracker and Holdemmanager showed the same numer of Hands, and the same ammount of won/losed money.

Until Today: Holdemmanager has missed about 20 Hands and 2$, I checked with the Table History in the iPoker client and indeed, Pokertracker is true, Holdemmanager has missed some hands :(

morny
09-11-2008, 12:47 PM
Have you got them both importing at the same time, PT may have moved/locked some HH before HM got to import them. Can you try reimporting the hands from the processed files folder to see if it picks up the missing hand(s)

blackhand
09-11-2008, 02:34 PM
No, I don't try to import at the same time. I have the autoimport of holdemmanager turned on and AFTER my session I import the files to Pokertracker (wich is'nt even running while i play)
This all worked for several months, so I guess it's not a problem of wrong usage of the tools.

That said, I tried you suggestions.

The result:

I played 161 Hands today. Pokertracker knows them all, Holdemmanager only shows 140 Hands (I checked often that there are no filters set, and I promise, there are none!!)
So I did what you told me, I reimported the Hand History files, and Holdemmanager told me about 160 duplicate hands, yet I still see only 140.

As said before, I'm quite experienced in using both of these tools, and everything worked fine for a long period of time, but since today things got screwed up :-/

morny
09-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Can you send me the HH and ill try an import, presume your using the newest version http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.06.03g.exe

In the meantime create a new database and import the hands and see if they all show up there http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=146

blackhand
09-11-2008, 10:49 PM
Ok, the newest version is able to import all the hands to a new Database. If I try to import the Hands to the existing Database (with the newest Version of HM, stull all Hands are claimed to be duplicate hands.

Is there a chance to get all HAnds to my existing DB? I'd like to avoid purging, because a) I dont like that function without cache rebuilder and b) it whould meand to loose a whole day of mined hands (because i dont have the history files for that day, and as far as i see theres no chance to only purge hands where hero is involved :( )
So is there any other chance?

morny
09-12-2008, 10:29 AM
The old database is corrupt so you cant use that any longer, for any hands that came up as duplicate HM most likely moved them to yout processed folder so import any files in the processed folder for the dates your missing files.

blackhand
09-12-2008, 11:00 AM
Sorry, i don't understand. HM should not move any files, at least it's configured to not move files (i haven't specified a destination in the auto import folder setup screen)

So do you mean I can throw away my entire database?

morny
09-12-2008, 11:10 AM
You should have it move HH files as per the instructions in the FAQ otherwise it will cause performance issues.

To explain again the original database structure is corrupt, not the HH in it. So please export all the Hands out of it http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=12 and then import them into the new one and youll still have the same information as you did in your old database but it will have a new home.

Then if you didnt get it to move any HH in auto import then when you run the new database it will pickup alot of duplicates also but will also pickup the remaining hands that the old database rejected.

Then i would advise resetting your auto import folder to move processed hands to another folder to improve performance

blackhand
09-12-2008, 12:50 PM
The movement of files is done by Pokertracker. To explain: if I play, iPoker is writing Files to a folder. HM is autimporting from this folder. If I have finished, I close Holdemmanager, open Pokertracker, import my hands in pokertracker, while pokertracker is moving processed files to a new location.
So no worries about the performance, even if HM is not moving any files, the auto import directory does not grow too big.

I'll now try your suggestions and tell about the results...thx so far.

Btw, cann you please explain how I can export ALL hands, not only these wehere Hero was involved, but also the mined ones?

morny
09-12-2008, 04:17 PM
Yeah that will work fine for the auto import.

To import all hands youll need to go to the folder PT is sending processed hands to and also do an import from there after youve done the HM export. Then if you can narrow down the date of any files that are missing and just import them to save time should be fine