PDA

View Full Version : Failed to establish a connection to 127.0.0.1???

G4L
09-11-2008, 10:26 AM
So, when I try to start holdem manager, I get this error: "Failed to establish a connection to 127.0.0.1"

Please, dont waste your energy saying "read the faq" because I already have and I have done everything I was told to and this fucking thing doesnt still work. Someone help me please!

Skesis
09-11-2008, 10:45 AM
Your firewall is blocking it from accessing the PostgreSQL database.

G4L
09-11-2008, 11:10 AM
I have allowed both, holdemmanager and postgresql from my firewall (norton) but it still doesnt work.

morny
09-11-2008, 11:24 AM
There is a solution for it in the FAQ but since youve already read that then its obviously something else and as Skesis already said its your something like your firewall, antivirus, comodo etc blocking communication with postgreSQL.

Ive just worked with someone recently with the same problem and only completely uninstalling hes firewall and using a different one worked because some of these cause the problem even if you close them down completely.

Skesis
09-11-2008, 11:29 AM
Just to back up what morny is saying, I used to use Panda firewall and it was impossible to use in conjunction with PostgreSQL. If you use a router you don't really need a firewall anyway (the router blocks harmful connections), otherwise I've never had any problems with ZoneAlarm. At least try disabling the firewall to start with, but Norton is a pain to remove from your system.

G4L
09-11-2008, 11:34 AM
I have tried to disable the firewall and still nothing.

One thing I noticed is that when I tried to run the postgresql manually from the administrative tools, I got a message where read that postgresql WAS started, but then it shutted down.

morny
09-11-2008, 11:39 AM
This solution sometimes works in this situation http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=153 but as i was saying in some cases even closing down the firewall/antivirus still wont solve the problem and completely uninstalling it is the only option.

If thats still not solving problems id suggest posting all your details on the postgreSQL forum and seeing if they have another solution

G4L
09-11-2008, 01:21 PM
Kinda weird because I've never had problems with hem and now I would need to uninstall my antivirus for it to be working (and probably doing this wont work either). Sucks to pay for a product which doesnt work.

And yeah, it didnt work.

EDIT: One guy told me that he had the same problem and re-installing postgres would work, I tried it but all my databases disappeared. Luckily windows has system recovery, but is here any ways I could do this that after it I would still have my databases in my PC?

Skesis
09-11-2008, 01:26 PM
Yes, make a backup of your HEM database.

Have you tried the solution in the FAQ by the way?

G4L
09-11-2008, 02:15 PM
This is a dumb question but where I could find my database :confused: ?

Yeah, I've done everything I was told in FAQ.

Skesis
09-11-2008, 02:40 PM
http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=12

From the FAQ ;)

G4L
09-11-2008, 04:07 PM

G4L
09-11-2008, 04:26 PM
When I try to open the pgAmind III it says "can't open file 'C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.2\bin/../../i18n/pgadmin3.lng' (error 3: can't find the path)

Yeah - I can in the end open the pgAdmin, but I see no databases there. Does the system recovery cover a lost database? If not im probably going to kill myself.

morny
09-11-2008, 07:31 PM
Your database will be in c:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\ then your version number and into the data folder. If you reinstall the same version to the same drive and then when you get to the initilise database cluster screen uintick the checkbox and it should restore your database if you didnt delete the data or postgreSQL folder manually as PostgreSQL uinstalls everything except the Data Folder

G4L
09-12-2008, 07:31 AM
So I re-installed postgre (and unticked this thing u told me to) and now HEM seems to be working perfectly. Thanks guys so much for your help :)

G4L
09-15-2008, 11:02 AM
Yeah, right. Now HEM started to complain about the same thing. Do I really have to re-install postgreSQL EVERY FUCKING TIME I USE THIS SOFTWARE?! Is it possible to demand my money back from this shit? This is really starting to annoy me now cause this takes now too much of my time!

Any ideas?

E: When I try to manually re-start postgresql, I get the error 1053: Service doesnt respond starting/controlling request in time