PDA

View Full Version : an error occurred while loading the Prefs files: root element is missing

bigvb
11-08-2009, 07:30 PM
get an error message on startup,

"an error occurred while loading the Prefs files: root element is missing"

Why is this happening. I am running a fairly recent version of HM, prob 6 weeks since i last DL an update, and I am running on W7. Was working fine before.

If i have to do a full re-install to solve this problem how do i save my hud layout and my notes/stats.

I cannot got into the software, i just get this message and when i click ok, the error window closes and HM never starts.

fozzy71
11-08-2009, 11:36 PM
What firewall and anti-virus?

Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate.exe

Under Windows 7 you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe to be started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executable's and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

1) Close HM and the Table Manager.
2) Delete your existing HUD Prefs file, so HM will rebuild it to default.
3) Delete > \Holdem Manager\Config\prefs.xml
4) Start HM< Auto Import, Open the Table Manager, and test on a single cash table.

If that doesnt help try this:

0. Make sure you have installed the latest Beta version.
1. Note your database connection settings from the database management
2. Close holdemmanager
3. Go to the folder config in the holdemmanager installation path
4. Rename the file holdemmanager.config to holdemmanager.config.corrupt or sth. like that.
5. Under Vista make sure that UAC is switched off or check the administrator settings for holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe under properties->compatibility
6. Restart Holdemmanager
7. Holdemmanager reinstalls and displays some messages and warnings
7a. A new holdemmanager.config file is generated
8. Reconfigure your database connection
9. After successful start reconfigure your Auto-import settings
10. Table manager should start again.