PDA

View Full Version : Holdem manager was working fine for last 3 months, but now working slow for last two

sick cards
11-08-2009, 12:48 PM
I use holdem manager.

Recently, yesterday it is running slow in regards to having up to date stats on the tables. I do use vista, but never had this problem before.

Basically the import progress that lights up in green is super super slow. What can I do please help me??

fozzy71
11-08-2009, 01:07 PM
I would suggest you do the majority of the things in this thread: http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11194

Some of the most important things, imo:

- Remove the WinnerName, WinnerCards and WinnerWon from the Hands View Column Selector
- Turning off logging and deleting existing logs
- Vacuum/Full/Analyze, then Reindex - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=163
- Defrag last and make sure you stop the postgresql service before you defrag. I personally use Smart Defrag.
- Do a Cold Boot (Shut Down > Start) before you use HM again

If you use transparent hud panel backgrounds, change to a solid color like black. Make sure the Opacity sliders for the cards and hud are at maximum. If you are using multi-panels, try disabling them.

sick cards
11-25-2009, 10:28 PM
I know how to save and export hands on to the c drive, but I dont know how to carry the files over to another computer and import them. Can you please help me I have hands on one computer and my laptop and want to combine hands. Do I need a usb or is there any easier way and how woudl I do all that?

fozzy71
11-25-2009, 11:47 PM
A USB Flash Drive or External Hard Drive is the easiest. Or you can use www.7zip.org to compress the hands into a single file and email it to yourself, or upload it from 1 PC to a site like megaupload and then download with the other PC.

sick cards
11-26-2009, 12:49 AM
After improting them onto a usb where to do or how do I get them in my holdem manager?

Thanks!

netsrak
11-26-2009, 04:54 AM
Via import file or import from folder - choose the path to your USB stick or copy the files from the USB stick to your Desktop or a harddisk folder and choose this location as import folder.

sick cards
11-26-2009, 07:36 PM
Hi there,

Is there any way of doing this faster importing the hands from my other computer. there is like 100 files and I can only load one at a time??

fozzy71
11-26-2009, 09:33 PM
You can use the Import from File(s) and just select multiple/all files. Ctrl+A will select all files. Or you can use Import from Folder and point to the parent folder that contains all the hand histories.