PDA

View Full Version : Trouble installing HEM

MattSLY
11-08-2009, 10:50 AM
When I tried to run the set up file that looks like box with a cd I got an error message. The error message said "Set up has detected that the publisher of file 'C:\DOCUME~1\Temp\VSD78.tmp\dotnetfx.exe' cannot be verified. Click on Ok to retry the download and click cancel to exit setup. "

So I clicked Ok a bunch of times and it just kept giving me the same message. Help!!

I use Windows XP Home Edition if that helps.

Also, I have PT3 already installed on my desktop and I plan on replacing it with HEM.

fozzy71
11-08-2009, 12:56 PM
Did you Unzip/Extract the holdemmanager.zip before you ran that file?

If you only double clicked the .zip download, you only opened it up in a preview window of sorts.

- Right-Click > Extract All to your .zip file.
- That should create a new folder with the contents, which should allow the setup to run properly.
- If you have any issues with the windows not having an Extract menu under Right-Click, try www.7zip.org.

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (or later for w7) installed.

If you get another error referencing dotnet, Reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework:

1) Go to Control Panel -> Add/Remove Software and uninstall every Microsoft .NET Framework you can find in the list.
2) Install this one: http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/0/e/20e90413-712f-438c-988e-fdaa79a8ac3d/dotnetfx35.exe.ex

MattSLY
11-08-2009, 01:14 PM
Did you Unzip/Extract the holdemmanager.zip before you ran that file?

Yes, I unzipped it with 7zip.

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (or later for w7) installed.

If you get another error referencing dotnet, Reinstall Microsoft .NET Framework:

1) Go to Control Panel -> Add/Remove Software and uninstall every Microsoft .NET Framework you can find in the list.
2) Install this one: http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/0/e/20e90413-712f-438c-988e-fdaa79a8ac3d/dotnetfx35.exe.ex

When I tried to open the other file (not the setup.exe), it said that I didn't have the proper .NET framework like you were talking about, and it offered to download it from the web. The .NET framework they said I needed was the 2.0.50727 So should I download this one? Should I uninstall the other .NET frameworks before I do this?

netsrak
11-08-2009, 01:45 PM
Download the given .net framework and install it additionally. You can have multiple .net frameworks installed.

MattSLY
11-08-2009, 01:58 PM
Download the given .net framework and install it additionally. You can have multiple .net frameworks installed.

The one Fozzy posted? Or the one that I was told was on the web by HEMsetup?

MattSLY
11-08-2009, 04:09 PM
I tried installing the .net 3.5 SP1 like fozzy said. Here is the link I used : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/default.aspx

For whatever reason, when I tried to download the files to install this .NET 3.5 SP1, it told me that all the files couldn't be downloaded. I don't know why however.

When I tried doing the setup.exe I still got the error message, even though I updated my Windows to the current updates.

MattSLY
11-08-2009, 04:12 PM
Fozzy, when I went to "add/remove programs" in control panel, I couldn't find any .NET frameworks to remove.

Also, Fozzy, when I click that link for the .NET framework (the one you posted in your response (not the 7zip link)), I get an error message saying that the spelling in the link wasn't valid or that it could find the file at that web address.

fozzy71
11-08-2009, 07:12 PM
Is your windows update fully updated? Internet explorer 8 or firefox? I have no issues downloading it with firefox. Try different browsers, and try the Right-Click > Save Link as.. to save it directly to your desktop.

If you still cant download it I will upload it to our servers, but I would rather not due to how big the file is.

MattSLY
11-09-2009, 03:19 AM
Is your windows update fully updated? Internet explorer 8 or firefox? I have no issues downloading it with firefox. Try different browsers, and try the Right-Click > Save Link as.. to save it directly to your desktop.

If you still cant download it I will upload it to our servers, but I would rather not due to how big the file is.

I'm using firefox.

I thought my Windows was completely updated, but it wasn't, so I'm installing the next update right now.

MattSLY
11-09-2009, 03:36 AM
I installed the last update for windows and tried the link you gave me fozzy and here is the error message I got:

File not found

Firefox can't find the file at http://download.microsoft.com/download/2/0/e/20e90413-712f-438c-988e-fdaa79a8ac3d/dotnetfx35.exe.ex.

* Check the file name for capitalization or other typing errors.

* Check to see if the file was moved, renamed or deleted.

netsrak
11-09-2009, 04:58 AM
For Microsoft Updates you need to use Internet Explorer...

MattSLY
11-09-2009, 05:25 AM
For Microsoft Updates you need to use Internet Explorer...

I tried downloading the link with IE and it didn't work. I got an error message which said

"Internet Explorer cannot download dotnetfx35.exe.ex from download.microsoft.com. Internet Explorer was not able to open this internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later."

netsrak
11-09-2009, 08:12 AM
Please use Google or Microsoft site search for a different source for this .net framework files.

MattSLY
11-09-2009, 09:14 AM
Please use Google or Microsoft site search for a different source for this .net framework files.

How should I know what the right file is? I don't want to download and install the wrong thing. Please don't dismiss me like this.

I just paid 80 dollars for your piece of software and it shouldn't be this difficult to set up. The correct link for the .net framework should be available on this website so people aren't left scratching their head, wasting time going through trial and error trying to install something they don't understand.

MattSLY
11-09-2009, 09:28 AM
would the correct .NET framework be called Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 ??? Because I could download this through my firefox web browser. Edit: However, despite getting this version from a different website, the result was the same. It couldn't be installed for some reason.

fozzy71
11-09-2009, 10:29 AM
Please email fabio@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so you can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download and install the www.Teamviewer.com Quick Support version.

MattSLY
11-09-2009, 11:13 AM
I GOT IT INSTALLED!!! The thing that made the difference was that when I made my final attempt to install .NET 3.5 SP1, I checked off the box "please allow microsoft to collect information from the install process so that we may better serve you" or something along those lines, and then it finally downloaded and installed correctly. Or it could have been something else but w/e, its working. I'm now importing my PT3 HHs into HEM. Thanks for all your help fozzy and netsrak.

fozzy71
11-09-2009, 11:53 AM
Glad it finally worked out for you. Let us know if we can help in any other way.