PDA

View Full Version : Hud showing mixed cash and tourney stats?

slowjoe
11-08-2009, 09:30 AM
Hi,

I've just noticed that certain players that are on my cash table at pokerstars today are mixing in hands from a 2.20 90 player SNG yesterday.

Proof? Well, I'm seeing 55 hands in the hub, but when I look at the player in the cash tab (by changing the player), I see only about 20 hands.

Is this known behaviour? Is there a way to disable this so that cash table hud stats come from cash games, and tourney hud stats come from tourney games?

netsrak
11-08-2009, 02:30 PM
Please try unchecking Additional Hud filters -> Include hands from other limits

slowjoe
11-08-2009, 09:07 PM
ROFL.

Tried that. Spent the whole tourney with 3 hands of data on every player.

Any worse ideas? How about just uninstall HM? Would have roughly the same effect on my tourney play.

fozzy71
11-08-2009, 11:30 PM
Please update to the latest version - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate.exe

Please reproduce the problem and post a screen shot - http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/general/ht/winscreenshot.htm

with the following:

1) The table manager
2) The tables
3) The HUD options > Launch active player details window for the player. Take a pic of the Cash and Tourney filtered data.

To attach it to a thread in the forums, look below the post reply button when you start a new thread and you'll see a manage attachments button. Click this and attach the file.

Harissa
11-09-2009, 09:24 AM
Hi,

Slowjoe just told me about this howler... I am glad I stuck to Pokertracker =)

To get you a screen shot to prove to you that you have not written the code to separate Tourney and Cash data in order to prevent tourney data from contaminating cash play(and vice versa), would require a lot of work (and some luck) on his part and also, whilst working with a compromised db that is showing bogus stats it would also cost him money to do your debugging(on your probably non-existent code). How about you look at your source code and see if you guys bothered coding this at all? And if you did, then running proper tests to ensure that such a vital part of your software is working correctly is far more efficient than lazily asking punters to play Mystic Meg and get lucky with a screen shot too...

Hold'em Manager is seriously compromised whilst you have not fixed this and I would advise people to be weary of using it if they have both types of games in the DB -- because none of the data will be correct and people will lose cash over it in Tourneys and at the cash table, especially if they have a large DB where it is not so obvious that this problem exists and they don't know to switch off the other limit for cash games.

You may want to notify your players of that problem until that bug is squished. I as a Pokertracker customer would of course normally encourage you to not do anything, as misinformed opponents are to my advantage :D, then again, I like the look of HM a lot, and will probably buy it once it has matured. :cool:

Hope this helps,

Harissa

fozzy71
11-09-2009, 10:33 AM
...... How about you look at your source code and see if you guys bothered coding this at all? ....

I already know it doesnt mix HUD stats from cash and tourney, from my own experiences. I am asking him to prove to me it is happening for him, because it shouldn't be.

Harissa
11-10-2009, 10:58 AM
I already know it doesnt mix HUD stats from cash and tourney, from my own experiences. I am asking him to prove to me it is happening for him, because it shouldn't be.

That may very well be, but it's not how the entire thing came over, including the advice to switch off the limits, which looked as if you don't know what you're doing. Re-read the exchange, and you'll see that it is totally reasonable to assume you're admitting this to be a known problem and thus offer a work around to fix it -- this answer above is the first time you claim that in your experience, HM actually works correctly. Note that your *experience* could also be wrong... ;-( (knowing is superior here!)

Why not say straight up in post 1 that this can't be because you know it to be so instead of asking your customers to prove things to you that you actually know and risking that they feel stupid after they completed the futile and work-intensive exercise you set them and find that they were wrong. And if they find out they were right and that HM is broken, they begin to wonder how much the entire experiment cost them -- a classic lose-lose situation for everyone concerned.

All the best anyway,

Harissa

fozzy71
11-10-2009, 11:33 AM
That may very well be, but it's not how the entire thing came over, including the advice to switch off the limits, which looked as if you don't know what you're doing.......

That post was not made by me. It was another support person.

He probably knows that the HUD stats don't mix, and assumed it to be a filtering problem. Just because he didn't preface his post by saying 'this is not possible, you are doing something wrong', doesn't mean it wasn't implied. He simply gave a possible solution, to a relatively common issue on the forums, as to why the HUD stats and the stats displayed in HM may differ.

We can't knock em out of the park on the first swing every time, but we try to do the best we can.