PDA

View Full Version : Auto import

idealdecor
11-07-2009, 08:59 AM
Hi! I play at Unibet and i did the optimal configuration as I was told from this forum.
HM find the pokerrom and names and so on shows up and my stats is saved and i can summarize in a graph and so on.
But i cant find any hand at all in the archive folder i created. I placed it on the desktop, named it "HMarchive" and as i open it, it takes me to another map called "2009", and as i press that map another map comes up named "11" and as i click that one another one "05" comes up and finally as i click this one i come to two textdocuments "eula.txt" and 2readme.txt" and these documents is related to Unibet! I thought i was able to find hands in this map but I misunderstood this?
I also looked in the ” C:\Microgaming\Poker\unibetpokerMPP “ map and there are no hands to find either. As i look in Unibetīs handhistory i get some coded documents unable to read.

Something wrong or everything in order?

iddr

netsrak
11-07-2009, 09:30 AM
If the hands are imported the most important things are fine.

The hmarchive folder is a backup folder where the handhistory files should be move to after a successful auto-import.
I'm not the Unibet expert but usually the pokerclient has a handhistory folder where the hands should go to. This can be .txt files or files like handhistory.dat or handhistory.log.

If the automatic move of this files to the hmarchive doesn't work you should move this files manually regularly.

idealdecor
11-07-2009, 06:14 PM
Thank you for your answer!
You say "If the automatic move of this files to the hmarchive doesn't work you should move this files manually regularly".
What does that mean? Move which file where?

iddcr

netsrak
11-08-2009, 07:35 AM
Use your Windows Explorer and more the handhistory files from the Poker client handhistory folder to the Archive folder (cut and paste of the files).

idealdecor
11-08-2009, 05:42 PM
Use your Windows Explorer and more the handhistory files from the Poker client handhistory folder to the Archive folder (cut and paste of the files).

Ok I see but the problem is that I cant find the Poker Client handhistory
map:(
I searched a lot and under the main Poker client map I can find files called "handhistory global" and hand history local" and some called hand history only. But they are almost empty and no handhistory in it.
I now will try mail Unibet and ask where to find hand histories.

fozzy71
11-08-2009, 07:46 PM
Microgaming creates a gamehistory.dat file in the root folder of the site.

C:\Microgaming\Poker\unibetpokerMPP\GameHistory.da t

You want to select: C:\Microgaming\Poker\unibetpokerMPP

Change Import from Subfolders option to NO in the auto-import settings for your skin.

Close your poker client and move the gamehistory.dat file to your desktop, then try Import From File option to import the old hands.

idealdecor
11-09-2009, 02:26 PM
Microgaming creates a gamehistory.dat file in the root folder of the site.

C:\Microgaming\Poker\unibetpokerMPP\GameHistory.da t

You want to select: C:\Microgaming\Poker\unibetpokerMPP

Change Import from Subfolders option to NO in the auto-import settings for your skin.

Close your poker client and move the gamehistory.dat file to your desktop, then try Import From File option to import the old hands.

One thing: There are connection between HM and Unibet. I recieve stats for me and my opponents, besides the add program "Table scanner" which doesnt work as it should do.
As I press "Auto Import" it start import I guess but Im not sure if the import process is optimal. After a while a message show up "cant find any file. we try again in 5 seconds" and then "finding 1 file of 1". This goes on and on and on repeatedly. Is this normal process?
My problem with this thread is that I cant find any hands in either the
"C:\Microgaming\Poker\unibetpokerMPP"-map or the archive map.
But just before you wrote this latest answer I found the file you mention "gamehistory.dat". I tried to open it but my computer cant open dat-files. Is it nessesary for me to open it for some reason? And if so -how do I open a dat.file if the computer refuse? And do you have any clue why no hands goes to my archive folder?
In some way submaps to this archive map was created (see my description in my first message in this thread where I describe the names of these subfolders). But as said -no hands there.
Now you told me to put the "gamehistory.dat"-file on my desktop but why? Or you mean in the "archive map", which lies on the desktop? And as I now told that the connection between Unibet and HM seems ok I dont have to do this? Maybe you thought I had no contact at all and Im sorry if so, but my main problem is that I cant see any hand history anywhere.
This change your last answer or I should still try to do as you told?

fozzy71
11-09-2009, 02:57 PM
Please try the table finder - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=54

My problem with this thread is that I cant find any hands in either the
"C:\Microgaming\Poker\unibetpokerMPP"-map or the archive map.

The hands are within the gamehistory.dat

But just before you wrote this latest answer I found the file you mention "gamehistory.dat". I tried to open it but my computer cant open dat-files. Is it nessesary for me to open it for some reason? And if so -how do I open a dat.file if the computer refuse? And do you have any clue why no hands goes to my archive folder?

No, you it would do no good to open it. You need to Right-Click > Cut that file and manually Paste it into your HMArchive. HM can not move those .DAT files so you need to do it manually from time to time.

Now try to Import From File(s) > point at the gamehistory.dat file you just moved.

Now you told me to put the "gamehistory.dat"-file on my desktop but why? Or you mean in the "archive map", which lies on the desktop?

The archive is the best place for the file.

And as I now told that the connection between Unibet and HM seems ok I dont have to do this? Maybe you thought I had no contact at all and Im sorry if so, but my main problem is that I cant see any hand history anywhere.
This change your last answer or I should still try to do as you told?

I would still move that file to the archive so your poker client can recreate a new, smaller size .dat file. Once you move it to your archive try the Import From File so you can hopefully get any missed hands imported.

idealdecor
11-09-2009, 04:21 PM
Please try the table finder - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=54

The hands are within the gamehistory.dat

No, you it would do no good to open it. You need to Right-Click > Cut that file and manually Paste it into your HMArchive. HM can not move those .DAT files so you need to do it manually from time to time.

Now try to Import From File(s) > point at the gamehistory.dat file you just moved.

The archive is the best place for the file.

I would still move that file to the archive so your poker client can recreate a new, smaller size .dat file. Once you move it to your archive try the Import From File so you can hopefully get any missed hands imported.

Ok 10 minutes ago I started the import from the copy of "gamehistory.dat" which I placed in the archive map as you told.
Under "Import progress" I can read "1 of 18 parts of large file have been processed". And now 15 minutes and still same message. Normal?
I cant be online much longer tonight. Then I interrupt the progress and start the progress tomorrow as I got more time? Or this seem not normal? Still same message (20 minutes now)! Ops "2 parts of 18 parts of large file have been processed" now. Something going on definetively though lol.
What exactly do you mean by "HM can not move those .DAT files so you need to do it manually from time to time"? You mean i do this "import from file" and choose "gamehistory.dat" every time I open HM? Or you mean I copy the "gamehistory.dat" file from the main Unibet and put into the "HMarchive" map every time I start HM and then start "Import from file"? Sorry my detailed questions but its a must to get this run correct I guess.
Im not even sure why I do this import now. What differense will it make to the performanse of HM? As I said the contact between Unibet and HM seems ok and I get statistics on myself and players who join my table. Also the hud seem to work.
Only big problem I have now is "Table scanner". I dont get any statistics about the players who aint at my table. The stats is 0.0 except "stacks", and some more basic stat. This import will help this "table scanner" problem up?
30 minutes of importing now. Still "2 parts of 18 parts of large file have been processed" .

fozzy71
11-09-2009, 09:52 PM
Yes, those large .dat files can take hours sometimes.

What exactly do you mean by "HM can not move those .DAT files so you need to do it manually from time to time"? You mean i do this "import from file" and choose "gamehistory.dat" every time I open HM?

No, we are doing this to try and get any missed hands imported from this monster file.

Or you mean I copy the "gamehistory.dat" file from the main Unibet and put into the "HMarchive" map every time I start HM and then start "Import from file"?

Not everytime, no. but you should do it occsionally or the .DAT file simply gets bigger, and bigger, ...

What differense will it make to the performanse of HM? As I said the contact between Unibet and HM seems ok and I get statistics on myself and players who join my table. Also the hud seem to work.

From your earlier posts I am assuming you missed some hands. This should import any missed hands from when you were having problems.

Only big problem I have now is "Table scanner". I dont get any statistics about the players who aint at my table. The stats is 0.0 except "stacks", and some more basic stat. This import will help this "table scanner" problem up?
30 minutes of importing now. Still "2 parts of 18 parts of large file have been processed" .

For the Table Scanner issue, please search or post in this forum - http://forums.holdemmanager.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20

idealdecor
11-10-2009, 03:13 PM

No, we are doing this to try and get any missed hands imported from this monster file.

Not everytime, no. but you should do it occsionally or the .DAT file simply gets bigger, and bigger, ...

From your earlier posts I am assuming you missed some hands. This should import any missed hands from when you were having problems.

For the Table Scanner issue, please search or post in this forum - http://forums.holdemmanager.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20

Ok. Now the huge file is imported. And I can see that many more hands are added into my stats.
But I still have questions about what happened as I did this import:

1. As HM summarized the import I could read that some percents of the hands was duplicated. I assume that hands that was imported before was imported again now as I imported from the gamehistory-file.
Do the program recognise duplicates and ignore them or its added to the total statistics too?
You told me I should do this import now and then. Again-do HM recognise files that is already imported and ignore them?

2. What is the contents of the gamehistory.dat-file? Is it hand history from me the last 30 days (as I did set in the client) or its more than that?

3. What exactly is the differense from import as I did before (stats seemed to reach HM) and now as you tell me to cut and paste the gamehistory-file into the HMarchive-map? If I ignore do this cut and paste what will the differense be?
And will the import take this much time every time I do it (many hours) or HM ignore the files that is recognised from before (making the import go quick)?

4. If the answer of the "cut and paste"-question is that I should go on do this: How often more exactly should I do this cut and paste? How do I know when its time to do it? The answer of this question is connected to the question about what the contents of the main gamehistory-file is I guess.

As you surely realised the main question here is "whats the purpose of doing this cut n paste?" and "What differense does it make".

fozzy71
11-10-2009, 03:41 PM
Ok. Now the huge file is imported. And I can see that many more hands are added into my stats.
But I still have questions about what happened as I did this import:

1. As HM summarized the import I could read that some percents of the hands was duplicated. I assume that hands that was imported before was imported again now as I imported from the gamehistory-file.
Do the program recognise duplicates and ignore them or its added to the total statistics too?
You told me I should do this import now and then. Again-do HM recognise files that is already imported and ignore them?[/quote]

It recognizes it as a duplicate and skips to the next hand/file. It will not duplicate inside of your DB and HM.

2. What is the contents of the gamehistory.dat-file? Is it hand history from me the last 30 days (as I did set in the client) or its more than that?

I believe it is created on the day you install their software and play. Instead of writing multiple, small text files, it uses a single .DAT file. This file is a small database in it's own right. The more you play, the bigger it gets.

3. What exactly is the differense from import as I did before (stats seemed to reach HM) and now as you tell me to cut and paste the gamehistory-file into the HMarchive-map? If I ignore do this cut and paste what will the differense be?

Generally speaking, Auto Import is used when you are playing and want the HUD. The Import From Folder/File(s) options are for bulk imports.

For this .DAT file the Auto Import only reads the last 100 hands, for performance reasons (your loong import time, for a big file size).

You shouldn't have to do this a lot, but you should probably do it from time to time, so you can keep an archive of sorts. HM is unable to archive these .DAT files like it would a normal text file.

And will the import take this much time every time I do it (many hours) or HM ignore the files that is recognised from before (making the import go quick)?

Typically you shouldn't have to import the file manually after you move it. The reason we did this time is because I assumed you had missed some hands. by moving it to a folder with a new name, and importing it manually it allowed HM to find the missing hands. Unfortunately it took a long time due to the big file size of your .DAT file. The more often you do this, the fewer importing/hud problems you will have. Then if you do have to import it again, the file wont be so large. Perhaps a

4. If the answer of the "cut and paste"-question is that I should go on do this: How often more exactly should I do this cut and paste? How do I know when its time to do it? The answer of this question is connected to the question about what the contents of the main gamehistory-file is I guess.

I would say once a month, as a general rule would be good. I usually recommend you vacuum your DB and defrag your PC once a month also.

As you surely realised the main question here is "whats the purpose of doing this cut n paste?" and "What differense does it make".

The bigger that file gets, the more likely HMHUD is to have a problem finding a table. Sometimes it can cause import problems too, but typically it will affect your HUD first.

idealdecor
11-10-2009, 04:17 PM
You told me I should do this import now and then. Again-do HM recognise files that is already imported and ignore them?

It recognizes it as a duplicate and skips to the next hand/file. It will not duplicate inside of your DB and HM.

I believe it is created on the day you install their software and play. Instead of writing multiple, small text files, it uses a single .DAT file. This file is a small database in it's own right. The more you play, the bigger it gets.

Generally speaking, Auto Import is used when you are playing and want the HUD. The Import From Folder/File(s) options are for bulk imports.

For this .DAT file the Auto Import only reads the last 100 hands, for performance reasons (your loong import time, for a big file size).

You shouldn't have to do this a lot, but you should probably do it from time to time, so you can keep an archive of sorts. HM is unable to archive these .DAT files like it would a normal text file.

Typically you shouldn't have to import the file manually after you move it. The reason we did this time is because I assumed you had missed some hands. by moving it to a folder with a new name, and importing it manually it allowed HM to find the missing hands. Unfortunately it took a long time due to the big file size of your .DAT file. The more often you do this, the fewer importing/hud problems you will have. Then if you do have to import it again, the file wont be so large. Perhaps a

I would say once a month, as a general rule would be good. I usually recommend you vacuum your DB and defrag your PC once a month also.

The bigger that file gets, the more likely HMHUD is to have a problem finding a table. Sometimes it can cause import problems too, but typically it will affect your HUD first.

Okok. I forgot to ask one thing...when I do this cut and paste: I first delete the file (gamehistory.dat) I used for import now (the one I placed in the HMarchive map)? Or this initial copy will recieve same information as the main gamehistory-file? And then I import from same file as I did now??

fozzy71
11-10-2009, 08:19 PM
No, you should let windows rename the new version, instead of replace the old version. You should keep all of the different copies, in case you need to ever manually import the hands again to rebuild your DB.

idealdecor
11-11-2009, 12:33 PM
No, you should let windows rename the new version, instead of replace the old version. You should keep all of the different copies, in case you need to ever manually import the hands again to rebuild your DB.

Ok thank you! Your answers have been worth alot.
I guess I will return again to this thread when I have more questions about auto import:) Thats ok or I better start a new thread? Im unsure if you pay attention to old threads. Or messages pop up to you automatically even if its an old thread?
Sorry if I ask a lot but Im rather new to things concerning computer technical. Once I learnt the basics I dont have to ask detail questions in future I hope.

fozzy71
11-11-2009, 01:48 PM
We see all 'new posts', no matter how old the thread is. But don't hesitate to make your own thread, as we really prefer it. That way we dont confuse 2 different posters/problems.

idealdecor
11-12-2009, 06:07 AM
We see all 'new posts', no matter how old the thread is. But don't hesitate to make your own thread, as we really prefer it. That way we dont confuse 2 different posters/problems.

Ok! 3 new questions!
1. Do the new hands that go into the main Unibet map also go into the copy now? Or the copy doesnt get any new files?

2. What about my "auto import" status you think? As I press "auto import" it start and after a while it say "1 file of 1 complete" and then "cant find new file. New trial in 5 seconds". And this goes on repeatedly as long as I have my auto import activated. "1 file of file" means it import hands as it should do?

3. Then I also gotta ask about the file import I did (gamehistory.dat).
A lot of new hands were imported from the new file as said. In my tourney view my played sitngos from 10/10 2009 came up. But around 20 of my 70 played sitngos (10 seat) from 10/10 are missing in the tourney section on HM (I write down all sitngo results I play very carefully on a paper, thats why I know). For example I played 5 sitngoes 22euro yesterday 11/11. My results was 7th, 2nd, 7th, 1st, 3rd. I also played a 2euro satellite tournament and was placed
3rd. Thats 6 tournaments totally. In HM tourney "Data view" it say I played 4 tournaments yesterday and it say i finished 3rd, 1st, 3rd, 7th. Entry fee say 11dollars and win amount "0dollars" all around. Participants 10 players except one (the satellite I guess) and it say there were 40 players i the satellite but we were 25 players. 2 sitngoes were missing and this follow the pattern that some percents of tourneys is missing in data view.

And the results isnt correct everywhere. Around 50 percent is wrong. And the price amount doesnt come up even if it say I was placed top3. Win amount is
"0" everywhere.
It also say the entry fee is consequently 11 dollar but mainly I play 22euro sitngo.
Why all this? You know?

netsrak
11-12-2009, 07:56 AM
1. not automatically, you need to copy or move the main file periodically.

2.Thats the normal process. The Auto-import checks for new files every 5 seconds and gives a message.

3. The auto-import only reads the last 100 hands from the handhistory.dat file when started. Could this be the problem?

Copy the file to a different folder and import via import file or import from folder to see if some new hands appear.

idealdecor
11-12-2009, 08:48 AM
1. not automatically, you need to copy or move the main file periodically.

2.Thats the normal process. The Auto-import checks for new files every 5 seconds and gives a message.

3. The auto-import only reads the last 100 hands from the handhistory.dat file when started. Could this be the problem?

Copy the file to a different folder and import via import file or import from folder to see if some new hands appear.

Im afraid thats not the problem cause data is missing after my huge import the other day (read my earlier messages in this thread for details about the huge import). Shouldnt that huge import include everything?

idealdecor
11-12-2009, 09:06 AM
Im afraid thats not the problem cause data is missing after my huge import the other day (read my earlier messages in this thread for details about the huge import). Shouldnt that huge import include everything?

I now have done the import you suggested and nothing changed.

netsrak
11-12-2009, 11:14 AM
Please mail the original handhistory.dat file containing the tourneys you played yesterday with a link to this thread to support@holdemmanager.net

idealdecor
11-12-2009, 01:03 PM
Please mail the original handhistory.dat file containing the tourneys you played yesterday with a link to this thread to support@holdemmanager.net

But then I got to send the huge file that took me one day to import to HM? Thats what you mean? I cant see any other solution.

Another thing. I got big problems with "Table Scanner". I bought it some days ago. And I started 2 threads in this forum under "table scanner bugs". But noone answer me in! In the first thread there where answers for a while but suddenly it died as I still had questions. Where are the "Table Scanner"-support?? I also mailed your support about the problem twice but they dont answer! This thread been super good with Fozzy and now you. Help immediately all the time.
Should i give up Table Scanner and require money back? Cause this is useless. Please tell them that I am very disappointed as they dont give me response on my issues. No good commercial at all.
But again I want to say that Fozzy and now you do an examplary job!

fozzy71
11-12-2009, 01:50 PM
......Shouldnt that huge import include everything?

It will only include what is in that .DAT file. It's impossible to say if that same .DAT file has been there since your first hand ever played. At a site like stars/ftp you can ask support to email all your original text hands to you. I dont know if that is possible with the microgaming sites. I think the files they send arent able to be imported, unfortunately.

idealdecor
11-12-2009, 04:36 PM
QUOTE=fozzy71;103413]It will only include what is in that .DAT file. It's impossible to say if that same .DAT file has been there since your first hand ever played. At a site like stars/ftp you can ask support to email all your original text hands to you. I dont know if that is possible with the microgaming sites. I think the files they send arent able to be imported, unfortunately.[/QUOTE]

Ok. Then I send a copy of the gamehistory.dat-file located in the Unibet map to the HM-support and link to this thread. Correct?

Btw i saw the bumb. Thanks. Hope someone notice this time...

fozzy71
11-12-2009, 05:02 PM

Ok. Then I send a copy of the gamehistory.dat-file located in the Unibet map to the HM-support and link to this thread. Correct?

Yes, please send in that file. You should also make sure you copy and paste it into your HMArchive and then delete the original, so your poker client can recreate a new .DAT file.

idealdecor
11-13-2009, 08:21 AM
Yes, please send in that file. You should also make sure you copy and paste it into your HMArchive and then delete the original, so your poker client can recreate a new .DAT file.

Ok.
1. But why do I send it to the support? What do they do with the map?

2. And as I delete the original map what happen then? A new .DAT.file. is created automatically? This new file contains history from the same date as the old one?

I have to ask all these "why"-questions to get a clue how things work. Its about building up a steady ground.

fozzy71
11-13-2009, 01:06 PM
Ok.
1. But why do I send it to the support? What do they do with the map?

2. And as I delete the original map what happen then? A new .DAT.file. is created automatically? This new file contains history from the same date as the old one?

I have to ask all these "why"-questions to get a clue how things work. Its about building up a steady ground.

So we can try and reproduce the problem.
The new file starts with 0 hands. The old hands go with the old .DAT file.

idealdecor
11-13-2009, 02:29 PM
So we can try and reproduce the problem.
The new file starts with 0 hands. The old hands go with the old .DAT file.

ok I see.

idealdecor
11-21-2009, 05:50 AM
My hud now works well it seems:) And finally someone noticed my table scanner issue (thanks to you I guess).
Still though it doesnt import tourney results in a correct way (as i play cg mainly this problem wasnt urgent before but now I aim to start play tourneys again). You already told me to send the dat.file to your support and you also told me to delete the gamehistory.dat file in the Unibet map and then you say client create a new file. Is this 100 percent sure it create a new file? Or its a risk that something will go wrong if i delete?
My thought is to delete this map before I send my file to the support and see what happens. Maybe it solve the problem. But first I wanna know that this delete operation is a totally safe operation (I dont want the hand history concerning cg to get disrupted).

This is what Fozzy said:

"Yes, please send in that file. You should also make sure you copy and paste it into your HMArchive and then delete the original, so your poker client can recreate a new .DAT file."

fozzy71
11-21-2009, 08:49 PM
Yes, it is safe and recommend to do as regular maintenance. This gamehistory.dat file continually gets larger and larger, and more prone to problems. Unfortunately HM is unable to archive it and move it like it can with text/log files. If you move it occasionally you are heading off possible future problems.

idealdecor
11-22-2009, 09:37 AM
Yes, it is safe and recommend to do as regular maintenance. This gamehistory.dat file continually gets larger and larger, and more prone to problems. Unfortunately HM is unable to archive it and move it like it can with text/log files. If you move it occasionally you are heading off possible future problems.

Ok thank you!

idealdecor
11-25-2009, 01:07 PM

I got to confess that I havnt deleted the original gamehistory.dat-file yet and I have not sent the file to your support either -but I will. The thing is that I mainly play cg for the moment and then the hud and import works perfect.
Do cg and tournaments use different import systems or why do cg work perfect and not tourneys? As I play cg the hud find my tables automatically at once but as I play tourneys I have to use table finder. Anyway I maybe did some wrong in settings that make the import and table finding fail?
Again -I know what you answered before but this was just a thought that came up to me as the cg import works totally perfect and tourney import not. I think its strange.
Again thank you for best support one can ask for in this thread. You also woke up the table scanner support btw!

fozzy71
11-25-2009, 08:25 PM
The problem is the way ongame makes the hand history files for the tourneys. It leaves out lots of valuable information.

idealdecor
11-26-2009, 04:24 AM
The problem is the way ongame makes the hand history files for the tourneys. It leaves out lots of valuable information.

ah I see. But you still recommend me to send that file to the support and still recommend me to delete the original file? Or its a fact that valuable info will be left out anyway in future -and then not nessesary to try this?

fozzy71
11-26-2009, 01:58 PM
You should keep a copy of the file for yourself, in your HM archive. You can also send it to us, if you would like. Chances are we may not be able to do anything to fix your issues, due to there simply not being enough info in their files for us to properly define the tournaments. You can manually edit the tourneys via the Right-Click menu in the Dataview tab.

idealdecor
11-27-2009, 05:19 AM
You should keep a copy of the file for yourself, in your HM archive. You can also send it to us, if you would like. Chances are we may not be able to do anything to fix your issues, due to there simply not being enough info in their files for us to properly define the tournaments. You can manually edit the tourneys via the Right-Click menu in the Dataview tab.

Ok thank you.
Btw you once wrote "I usually recommend you vacuum your DB and defrag your PC once a month also".
How do I vaccum my database? And what happens as I do that?

netsrak
11-27-2009, 06:01 AM
The vacuum cleans empty space in the database:
http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=163