PDA

View Full Version : Setup Hero Name messed up

Ragnarok_1er
11-06-2009, 10:38 PM
Hello.

I'm going to try to explain my problem, but English isn't my native language, so please forgive me if I'm confusing at times.

Today I tried to install Hold'em Manager on a new computer.
It's the 3rd computer I'm installing HEM on, so I haven't registered yet (I want to reset the license of the 1st computer, but not before everything works).

I didn't want to lose my hands and my config from the 1st computer, so I exported the hands and imported them. All went fine. And then I copied the "config" folder from the 1st computer and put it in the new computer at the same spot. All went fine.

Then I tried to setup my Hero names.

And to my surprise some hero names were already there, but not the good ones at all! And when I tried to remove them to put the good ones it says I'm trying to use a key that already has a value.

Also, I noticed that after I first restarted HEM, there was a window that said it was optimizing the import for some players. These players were my usual hero names, and the fake ones that were there at the beginning on the new computer.

Anyway, is there a way to make everything work, or should I just restart everything from zero?

netsrak
11-07-2009, 07:28 AM
This happens because you copied your config folder from a different database. Internally the hero names have a unique number (ID) which is handled by the database. If you export the hands and import them to another number the IDs of this hero names change so that your hero and alias definitions are wrong.

It should work if you define hero and alias names starting with a new empty alias.