PDA

View Full Version : EV adjusted incorrect for ongame?

theRabidDog
11-06-2009, 03:40 PM
Hi,

I decided to check my total win rates for different games and stakes and I was pretty surprised when I saw this. Im just wondering whether anyone else seems to get huge differences between winnings and EV adjusted winnings over large samples at ongame. The 2/4 PL is PLO and the variance is sick in that game, yes Ive been unlucky there but its not that crazy actually. The 5/10 and 10/20 are for holdem though and those stats are worrying.

fozzy71
11-06-2009, 09:52 PM
That picture is too small to read. The large difference may partially be explained if you have a lot of a multi-way all-in hands. This is a lot more common in PLO than NLHE.

http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?p=98218#post98218

http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17621&highlight=equity

theRabidDog
03-06-2010, 02:09 PM
i used to play on the boss network, where u couldnt see ur opponents hand even if u were all in (couldnt even see it in the HH afterwards). this is NLHE were talking about, i play pretty low in PLO so bad luck there doesnt really affect my overall winnings. anyway so, if im all in with AA vs KK on this site and i win i cant see his cards so ill never know what he had, how would HM register that in terms of all in EV? if on the other hand im all in with AA vs KK and he wins, then i obviously get to see his hand and HM tracks it and this loss will be recorded as very bad luck in the EV column.

over 9k hands at 10/20 NLHE i was 15bis below EV and at 18k hands at 5/10 i was 14bis below EV. that seems to crazy to be just bad luck right?

regards

DRBDG

fozzy71
03-06-2010, 02:25 PM
HM can only calculate EV when 2 or more hands go all-in, and expose all cards. Exposing them at showdown would qualify as well, but if they arent shown in the hand history HM cant calculate the EV. That means every all-in you win can not be calculated, only the all-ins when you lose the hand.