PDA

View Full Version : 64 bit window 7

workit
11-06-2009, 03:29 PM
will this program run in this environment

indi911
11-06-2009, 03:41 PM
yes it will. You will have to turn on the "allow secondary loggins" in the services. When you install the SQL software.

fozzy71
11-06-2009, 04:26 PM
Under Windows 7 you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe to be started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executable's and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

The secondary logon service is a standard windows service which is available on every windows computer. In the latest versions it is not started automatically. You need to start it via control panel > administrative tools > services. Starting it once should insure it works in the future also.

csoda
11-07-2009, 01:47 AM
hello,
i have installed the, hm whit beta update.
Using on Bwin.
The first time the inport and the HUD woekend fine.
I try the export , then the HM has frosen.
From dere the import some times working sometimes not.
The HUD dos not work at all...
:(

netsrak
11-07-2009, 07:02 AM
Under Windows 7 you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe to be started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executable's and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Did you do what Fozzy posted?

Which firewall / virusscanner?

fozzy71
11-07-2009, 10:37 AM
hello,
i have installed the, hm whit beta update.
Using on Bwin.
The first time the inport and the HUD woekend fine.
I try the export , then the HM has frosen.
From dere the import some times working sometimes not.
The HUD dos not work at all...
:(

*Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate.exe
*If that doesn't help, please answer these questions - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174

csoda
11-07-2009, 11:31 AM
Restarted the win, after install the beta pach again. And now it's started!
Thx.

Legacy
11-08-2009, 02:31 AM
How do I run the windows explorer and navigate to those files? I have tried the search and they don't come up. Where exacty do I go and what do I do? Please explain for someone who can't navigate a PC at all. Just got windows 7 and I have spent hours trying all the suggestions here. I don't understand what you mean and I can't find any .exe files for HEM. I know they should be somewhere, but if I knew I wouldn't be posting.

Legacy
11-08-2009, 02:40 AM
How do you start the seconary log on. That I found but what do I press to start it?

Patvs
11-08-2009, 02:54 AM
To start the "secondary logon"
click “Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools”, --> "Services" ---> find "Secondary Logon" and click on that.

Make sure the startup type is AUTOMATIC
and the service status is STARTED (just click on start!)

----

After this HEM should work. (and start without giving the "secondary logon" error) However it is possible not running Windows as an administrator (or when the UAC: User Account Control is set to a high setting) this causes another problem. To fix that: just click on START--> COMPUTER---> LOCAL DISK (C: )--->PROGRAM FILES---> RVG software---> Holdem Manager--->

In that directory you'll find these three files:
dbcontrolpanel.exe
holdemmanager.exe
hmhud.exe

Right click on each file and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab.

Legacy
11-08-2009, 04:23 AM
Ok I did all of that and HEM starts up and works but ONLY for hands played from when I installed it and later. I have a ton of hands from multiple accounts in my hand history folder in FT folder. The first time when HEM wouldn't work it at least imported all of the hands that are there but wouldn't work during a game. Now it works during a game but isn't importing all of those hands. I have it all set up correctly, any suggestions? By the way thank you for the quick reply.

Patvs
11-08-2009, 04:33 AM
Move your old handhistories to a completely new directory.
For example if they currently all are at C:\HHArchive, just create C:\HHArchive\Temp (or C:\HHArchive2) and move them into that dir.

...and reimport all the hands in HEM with IMPORT FROM FOLDER, picking the new directory. (only moving HH to a new directory will enable HEM to reimport them)

If that doesn't work, create a new database in OPTIONS---> DATABASE MANAGEMENT---> CONNECT---> CREATE NEW DATABASE (and select the new database as default).
And import all your handhistories.

Legacy
11-08-2009, 05:05 AM
Done and done. Same result, actually worse. What happened when I created the new database the hands that is was recognizing (the ones that I played in the last hour) aren't imported anymore. This is very weird. I have played around with a lot of different possibilites but I can't understand why the program, if being directed to import from a folder, fails to recognize the hands inside for fails to find and explore the folder. Any other suggestions?

Legacy
11-08-2009, 05:13 AM
Where are the databases that I created located? I searches and can't find them. I want to full delete all of it and reinstall everything.

Legacy
11-08-2009, 05:24 AM
OK seriously WTF! My hand's history folders suddenly have no files in the (maybe that's why HEM can't import them). They were there an hour or two ago. The only difference is the configurations that your site told me to do. When I open FT all of my setting are reset suddenly. I haven't done anything at all besides alter the settings your site suggested. Is it possible SQL or HEM is responsible, if so how? I use carbonite and have everything from before today backed up so I can maually put those hand histories in but it's not the point. Is there some ridiculous compatability bug with WIN 7 that I don't know about. I started played a type of game I never played before. I altered my original strategy and went downhill. I was hoping to review/leak plug which is why I care about one out of many days of hand history. If there are any settings at all which could account for this please post them. TY

Legacy
11-08-2009, 05:53 AM
Ok here's what I did to test what is going on. I removed all of the folders from HEM auto import so it is blank. I check and am playing on FT. My currently played hands are being saved (I have the folder open and am seeing new files created). HEM is not currently running. By the way of course sub-folder is checked and everything else is correct. I am now running HEM and it imported the only few hands that are in the hand history folder for FT. I suspect that HEM, SQL, or personally I think Bill Gates is such a punk that he is really behind all of this, is somehow deleting or removing existing hand history files from the FT folder because the files for my other users were intact until I added them to be imported via HEM. Is it possible there is a windows setting that somehow is deleting them? HEM is currently working. I closed it and re-opened it to see if the hands are still saved and they are. I am going to close FT, HEM, and restart my PC to see what happens. I will update the results.

netsrak
11-08-2009, 07:27 AM
After auto-importing Hands HM moves the files to the archive folder (default is c:\hmarchive).
So i guess you find all your old hands there and can reimport them via import file or import from folder into your new database.