PDA

View Full Version : Probably the dumbest question ever asked on here...

JoeeDB
11-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Ok, so I'm new to holdem manager. Been playing poker for a while now and finally decided to drop some money for holdem manager. My question is, how do I add a player name to my alias? I clicked options > player aliases. I added an alias. I clicked Add Player but then what do I do? I've tried entering my alias and clicking it and cilck select and it says "You can not select an alias that does not have players attached to it." I tried entering my player name and cilcking select and it says "Please enter part of the players name to search for." I've searched and searched on how to add my damn name but can't find anything, probably because it's such an obvious thing that I just can't understand it. Again, I know this is probably a retarded question but I just want to get this thing working! Please help.

fozzy71
11-06-2009, 12:10 PM
Assuming you have imported hands and the Players tab doesnt say (0) players:

Cash Games > Reports > Click 'Change' and search your name. Do not click the drop-down arrow. That opens a list of previously searched names.

Alias is for joining multiple screen names to one new name you can search and run reports on.

http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=35

JoeeDB
11-06-2009, 12:18 PM
I've played a few hands just to get some imported. Everytime I join a new table and play a hand or so it adds one to my files imported from the auto import so its gotta be doing something right I'd assume. The players tab says 1. I've tried clicking 'Change' but it says the same thing. Nothing else seems to work either such as my table manager. It will say the table I'm at but it doesn't update any information. Also I checked the archive and none of my tables are saving to there either but they are saving in my full tilt directory. Anymore ideas?

netsrak
11-06-2009, 12:42 PM
Please make sure that you are using latest version 1.09 (in the title of HM).
Please make sure that Holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe are started as administrator.
Import some hands via import file or import from folder.

If you still have problems please post a screenshot of the full HM window with the error message.

JoeeDB
11-06-2009, 12:44 PM
Is there anyway I could manually put a few text documents of hands in the right folder then select my name and go from there? I have everything you mentioned in your post...

fozzy71
11-06-2009, 04:12 PM
I've played a few hands just to get some imported. Everytime I join a new table and play a hand or so it adds one to my files imported from the auto import so its gotta be doing something right I'd assume. The players tab says 1.

Apparently that 1 player is not you.

I've tried clicking 'Change' but it says the same thing. Nothing else seems to work either such as my table manager. It will say the table I'm at but it doesn't update any information. Also I checked the archive and none of my tables are saving to there either but they are saving in my full tilt directory. Anymore ideas?

Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate.exe

*If that doesn't help, please answer these questions - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=174

Is there anyway I could manually put a few text documents of hands in the right folder then select my name and go from there? I have everything you mentioned in your post...

Yes, but it is just as easy to use the Import From Folder option on the Import tab, and it will import them faster.