PDA

View Full Version : Did I lose all my player notes???

fooz
09-10-2008, 08:06 PM
I store my player notes in HEM.

Previously I had my DB on a separate computer/HD and accessed the data via network. But I've reinstalled the DB on my primary computer now...but notes are not showing up.

I did a backup of the old data and have now restored it to the new computer/HD. I tried exporting notes on the new computer and only 27 notes (from today) exported ...as opposed to 100's :(

Anything I can do?
I still have the old hard drive (though it's at the computer store getting repaired).

morny
09-11-2008, 10:39 AM
The notes are not saved in PostgreSQL with the rest of the database. You need to run HM on the old computer wherever HM was installed and export the notes and then import them on the new drive

fooz
09-11-2008, 10:46 AM
Are they saved in PostgreSQL at all?

I'm using the same instance of HEM I've always used, it's just pointing to a new database now. Where are they physically stored?

morny
09-11-2008, 10:52 AM
Ill double check with Roy, actually ive checked mine and it dosent have my notes anywhere i can see in the HM folder. The same thing happened with me a while back when i moved my database to a different drive and also HM and i thought there were lost when i uninstalled HM.

Rvg72
09-11-2008, 08:36 PM
Are they saved in PostgreSQL at all?

I'm using the same instance of HEM I've always used, it's just pointing to a new database now. Where are they physically stored?

They are stored in the database so use the HM Export Notes function and then reimport them.

Roy

GTR32
04-26-2010, 10:04 AM
They are stored in the database so use the HM Export Notes function and then reimport them.

Roy

Still hasn't explained if you can manually export notes, from the database.

My HEM has crashed, as I have lost my player notes, I cannot access my old postgrSQL database to export my hands. What is another option?

morny
04-26-2010, 11:14 AM
You can if you have SQL experience, youd need to write a program that would extract the data and convert it into the same format as HM uses and then you could import then, extremely difficult unless youve good experience, if you do ill explain where the table is, and what format HM uses but otherwise im afraid they are lost if you can access the old database