PDA

View Full Version : restoring config folder - how alias&import-folders?

justdoit
11-05-2009, 04:50 AM
hi,
i reinstalled hm and copy&pasted the config folder.
any reason why the aliases and import folders are not restored?
are the files for this outside of the cfg folder?
bye

fozzy71
11-05-2009, 11:22 AM
Are you sure you pasted them properly, so that your original holdemmanager.config got properly overwritten? If the old config overwrote the old one, the auto import folders should be restored. The alias will have to be recreated regardless I believe.

Try copy/pasting only the old \config\holdemmanager.config file by itself, instead of the whole folder.

justdoit
11-05-2009, 01:58 PM
yeah im very sure.
had beta 9.43 before now 9release
could that be the problem?
any other ideas?

fozzy71
11-05-2009, 03:38 PM
No, but you should be able to open any of the renamed copies, or the original file using notepad. Then you could copy/paste the code or just change the stuff manually.

Did you do like I said, and copy/paste just the single file like I suggested, instead of the entire folder? It really should be a minor inconvenience to reset those settings IME.

I just tested this again myself on a perfectly fine config file. The aliases are not remembered but the auto import folder settings definitely are.

justdoit
11-05-2009, 07:27 PM
i've tried it with the file only and it worked for the import folders.
why are the aliases not copied? is there no way to restore them?

fozzy71
11-05-2009, 08:12 PM
I cant say for sure, so I have forwarded this thread to the developer for a reply.

Rvg72
11-05-2009, 09:02 PM
i've tried it with the file only and it worked for the import folders.
why are the aliases not copied? is there no way to restore them?

Hi, the aliases are actually stored in the database and they are stored by a player_id value which changes when you reimport however I'm going to mark this on my todo list as something that needs to change

Thanks,
Roy

justdoit
11-06-2009, 07:25 AM
and they are not restorable with the db?