PDA

View Full Version : error: connection establishment timeout

bighomeytim
11-05-2009, 12:11 AM
When I first start hem it says: The following error occurred when trying to open the database. Connection establishment timeout. Increase Timeout value in ConnectionString.

Then when I hit OK, it says Mal/Generic-A is attempting to access the file system. So I hit Block Action and hem opens, but when I go to the cash games tab I get this error: Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immidiately. So when I hit continue, it opens but it doesn't allow me to find a player.

I have Kaspersky Internet Security and I've never had a problem before this.

Thanks
Tim

fozzy71
11-05-2009, 12:53 AM
When I first start hem it says: The following error occurred when trying to open the database. Connection establishment timeout. Increase Timeout value in ConnectionString.

Then when I hit OK, it says Mal/Generic-A is attempting to access the file system. So I hit Block Action and hem opens, but when I go to the cash games tab I get this error: Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immidiately. So when I hit continue, it opens but it doesn't allow me to find a player.

I have Kaspersky Internet Security and I've never had a problem before this.

Thanks
Tim

This is usually a firewall issue, and right now KIS has major problems with Postgresql.

http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20713