PDA

View Full Version : Change of stats/algorithm?

Tom888
11-04-2009, 09:26 AM
Has the algorithm changed...I wonder.

I've just seen the latest score from the latest version of HEM and suddenly my BB reraise steal has suddenly appeared as a 1 and the SB reraise steal is now a 3.

There seem to me to be 2 reasons for this change...either you've changed the scoring or the new 1.09 version of HEM is picking up the stats differently.

Such a drastic change means that it's almost impossible to do historical comparisions and because you can't go back and see what an old profile was it's hard to compare and I don't want to keep printing off copies.

A save function would be helpful here and then I'd know better what my old SB and BB reraise steal scores were...but believe me, they weren't 1&3!!

Leak Buster Support
11-04-2009, 09:06 PM
Hi Tom,

Not sure what version you went from, but it's been changed for quite some time. We had added more sites, and slopped the scoring algorithm so that the precision of the leak is much more accurate. There aren't any anticipated changes (it really hasn't changed for a month or more at this point). The initial release though didn't have these extra points. Just know though that you'll be able to track more accurate going forward.

And a side note, now that the 1.09 is released, we're adding in some extra stats that can be tracked now so that it's not just dependent on the score. Along of course with some other features that we think will add a lot more value to tracking and correcting your leaks.

Tom888
11-05-2009, 02:23 AM
I've just loaded the official version of 1.09 and compared with about 3 betas previously my stats have changed.

If you're saying that you haven't changed the basic algorithm then I can only assume that HEM is now reading some of the results differently which is now feeding through into LeakBuster with a different set of scores.

This is clearly odd...and I'll now just run with the new numbers and use them as a new base. Certainly it would be helpful to have a tracking function. When you keep the previous scores maybe you could also capture the profile with them so that you can not only see that you've moved from one total score to another but you can also see how the profile changed that created that number.

Continuing to use the product and still finding it useful.

Leak Buster Support
11-06-2009, 02:46 AM
Hi Tom,

I don't have the revision list in front of me, but it changed many betas ago (over a month). Like I said, it was primarily changed because many more sites were added, so some ranges had been slightly changed, and the algorithm itself was changed slightly. It's not going to change anymore (that's the whole purpose of the beta process).

Glad you're enjoying it, and we have some new neat things on the way this coming week so check the forums (we'll announce them in the features thread).