PDA

View Full Version : Unable to install Hold'em Manager

Androgyny
11-03-2009, 05:29 PM
Hello,

I'm trying to install Hold'em Manager, and each time I click the installer I get the message:

"This advertised application will not be installed because it might be unsafe. Contact your administrator to change the installation user interface option of the package to basic."

Please could someone tell me how to resolve this.

Thanks for the help!
Androgyny

fozzy71
11-03-2009, 06:40 PM
If you only double clicked the .zip download, you only opened it up in a preview window of sorts.

- Right-Click > Extract All to your .zip file.
- That should create a new folder with the contents, which should allow the setup to run properly.
- If you have any issues with the windows not having an Extract menu under Right-Click, try www.7zip.org.

Try to right-click > run as administrator if possible. Turn off any firewalls while installing.

Or you can turn off UAC entirely.

Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure UAC is disabled http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=73 or else you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. Windows 7 you MUST set all the executables to always run as admin.

Androgyny
11-03-2009, 06:41 PM
Thank you for the reply, but that isn't the issue.

I used winrar to unzip the file before opening it, and also I dont have the UAC enabled. I've also tried run it as an administrator, but I get the same problem.

fozzy71
11-04-2009, 04:03 AM
1) Clear your web cache, and download the zip again, with another browser if possible. Make sure the download is 16,864 Kb
2) Right-Click > Save Link As to save it to a different folder.

Right-Click > Extract to a new folder and run the setup.exe file from the new folder.

If that doesnt help I am unsure what to suggest other than a support session so we can see whats going wrong.

Shuma
11-30-2009, 07:16 AM
I have this trouble too. Nothing helped.
Later i using trial version 1.07 but uninstall and cant reinstall now for purchase full version. Please help.

fozzy71
11-30-2009, 11:22 AM
I have this trouble too. Nothing helped.
Later i using trial version 1.07 but uninstall and cant reinstall now for purchase full version. Please help.

http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20816