PDA

View Full Version : New User,, help w/ Stars config.

RiverRock55
09-10-2008, 03:26 PM
Hey I just downloaded HM and want to give the trial version a go before I decide to permently swap over from PT3. I downloaded HM and followed the getting started steps. However when I try to autoimport it isn't importing the hands.. Instead the hands come up as import errors

Is the fact that I have PT3 set up screwing something up?

Other than that I checked "save my hand history" in the stars client and have them saving to C:\ProgramFiles\Pokerstars\HandHistory
-I have also confirmed the handhistories are saving to "C:\Program Files\PokerStars\HandHistory\RiverRock55" as suggested in the stars config help page.
-Also under "Confiigure Auto Import" in HM under "Current Import Folders" I have both
"C:\Program Files\PokerStars\HandHistory + subfolders (+ Archive Filers)"
"C:\Program Files\PokerStars\HandHistory\RiverRock55 + subfolders (+ Archive Filers)"
-do I need both of these folders? if not which one should I remove?

Other than that the only other thing is that I'm running Vista. When I installed HM I followed the instructions to run HM as an administrator. However when I try to select the "run as administrator box" it is greyed out and I can't select it. The HM setup said if it is greyed out not to worry about it, so I didn't but now think this may be part of the import problem. If it is how do I correct it?

One other newb question: When I installed HM it didn't come w/ a desktop icon to select.. ie/ I gotta go into the start menu and select "shortcut to HM.exe" is this standard or did something screw up in install?

Thanks
RiverRock55.

fabio
09-10-2008, 03:41 PM
Stars recently changed the handhistory format, you just need the latest version: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmUpdate1.06.03f.exe

You can create a desktop shortcut by rightclicking on the icon in your list and send -> desktop

RiverRock55
09-10-2008, 04:06 PM
worked like a charm..
Thanks

One quick suggestion.. I only downloaded HM this morning and still needed to download the patch/update you suggested. You may want to update your download page w/ this newer version..