PDA

View Full Version : Can't Get Table Manager (and thus HUD) Working

john g
11-03-2009, 10:10 AM
Hi, Just got the small stakes version and using with Party Poker. However, can't get the Table Manager to open and so HUD to work. Have got latest version (1.09), been through all the manual guidance/FAQs etc - the auto import file is set up correctly, the files even download there and I can view results etc in all the other tabs etc of Holdem Manager ...... but the Table Manager doesn't open and I can't get the HUD - any clues/guidance as I'm stuck.

Thanks

fozzy71
11-03-2009, 12:24 PM
0. Make sure you have installed the latest Beta version.
1. Note your database connection settings from the database management
2. Close holdemmanager
3. Go to the folder config in the holdemmanager installation path
4. Rename the file holdemmanager.config to holdemmanager.config.corrupt or sth. like that.
5. Under Vista make sure that UAC is switched off or check the administrator settings for holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe under properties->compatibility
6. Restart Holdemmanager
7. Holdemmanager reinstalls and displays some messages and warnings
7a. A new holdemmanager.config file is generated
8. Reconfigure your database connection
9. After successful start reconfigure your Auto-import settings
10. Table manager should start again.

john g
11-03-2009, 03:39 PM
Thanks for reply but I'm not the most au fait with messing about with settings so might need a little bit more help:

- Where do I find "database connection settings from the database management"

- How do I get to the "folder config in the holdemmanager installation path"

- How do I "check the administrator settings for holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe under properties->compatibility"

Thanks again

fozzy71
11-03-2009, 07:05 PM
Thanks for reply but I'm not the most au fait with messing about with settings so might need a little bit more help:

- Where do I find "database connection settings from the database management"

HEM > Options > Database Management > Connect

- How do I get to the "folder config in the holdemmanager installation path"

start > computer > c\program files (or program files (x86) if you have it)\rvg software\holdem manager\config

- How do I "check the administrator settings for holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe under properties->compatibility"

If UAC is on you must set all 3 files to run as admin.

Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure UAC is disabled http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=73 or else you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. Windows 7 you MUST set all the executables to always run as admin.