PDA

View Full Version : Prima Importing

BigPotz
09-10-2008, 03:04 PM
Hi, I just noticed I have the two boxes in the Config Auto imports for Prima both ticked and have been that way from the start. It has always seem to work OK this way. Is their any problems this Import configuration may cause in the future?

Thanks,
Steve
BigPotz

fabio
09-10-2008, 03:23 PM
I suggest disabling those boxes just in case :)

BigPotz
09-10-2008, 04:40 PM
I suggest disabling those boxes just in case :)

I find that the Prima site become very sluggish if the GameHistory.dat file becomes too large. I delete it and start fresh, after a while, and it really helps speed up game play and connection trouble, it seems, for me anyway.
I am afraid that if I don't save the GameHistory.dat files to my processed hands file in HM then I would lose all hands when I delete the GameHistory.dat file in Prima to start fresh. Will I lose all the hands when deleting the GameHistory.dat file if I don't have auto import saving to my HM processed hands folder?

Thanks,
Steve

morny
09-11-2008, 10:47 AM
HM dosent move the Gamehistory.dat file to processed folder, if your HH is in .txt or .xml format it just moves the file and renames it but it cant move the .dat file because Prima needs to reuse so theres no need to have it ticked

BigPotz
09-11-2008, 02:00 PM
HM dosent move the Gamehistory.dat file to processed folder, if your HH is in .txt or .xml format it just moves the file and renames it but it cant move the .dat file because Prima needs to reuse so theres no need to have it ticked

Prima automatically creates a new GameHistory.dat file when I start their software, if I have deleted any previous ones. Just as your software creates a new prefs.xml file in the Config folder, if deleted, upon it's start.

I leave HM running and importing when data mining or playing cash tables at Prima. I feel it is safe to delete the GameHistory.dat file when it gets to large because I would have already imported the hands into HM. I have checked and my hands are saving, even though I delete the .dat files when the sites become sluggish.
The Microgaming/Prima sites tend to get very sluggish with a large GameHistory.dat file and I end up, frequently, losing money to disconnects and freezes due to the size of the .dat file. I have found that when I delete the .dat file and start with a new .dat file, the sites become much more responsive with much less, if any, disconnects and freezes.
I have HM set up to auto import Prima in a slightly different way than suggested. I have the box ticked to move files after importing from Prima. It is suggested to not tick any boxes when configuring auto import for Prima sites. I've had it that way since I purchased HM. I didn't realize until just yesterday that it's suggested that neither box be ticked. It's been working just fine, for me as far as I know, the way I have it set. I can auto import and save the hands in HM while deleting the GameHistory.dat file every once in a while to help keep the Prima/Microgaming sites from frequent freezes and disconnects. I've already saved many thousands of hands this way from Prima/Microgaming. Do you see any potential trouble with my setup? Thanks for the terrific support that you folks ALWAYS PROVIDE.

Steve

morny
09-11-2008, 07:19 PM
Ive came across alot of people that simply cant get it to work without unticking subfolders, move processed files dosent matter either way but since it dosent actually do anything with the .dat file theres no need to have it on. The thing is when you set it to check the subfolders then it also checks inside 7 other folders which have files exceeding a total of 20mb each time it needs to do an import, it probably ignores these after the 1st try but it could potentially cause a performance drop especially for the 1st import and also ive seen people with corrupt databases from trying to import non HH files although this is unlikly it would increase the chances so id defo turn this off. You cant edit the auto import folders though so youll need to recreate it.

The main reason for the sub folders is sites like ipoker where tourney and cash are stored in 2 different folders and rather than having to setup 2 auto imports you just set it to the main folder with subfolders selected and it scans both. Its also a good idea to delete the gamehistory.dat file as you mentioned when it becomes large as its less processing for HM