PDA

View Full Version : Virus Problems upon Activation

irishchancer
11-02-2009, 08:49 PM
Hi I've had HM installed for quite a while but recently had to rebuild my laptop for performance reasons. I reinstalled HM and it worked for 15 days. Then (I assume somehow linked to the end of the 15 day trial period) I was asked to reactivate HM. When I tried to do so (and now each subsequent time) I keep getting a virus warning (using Panda 2008) about the xenocode software. When I delete the xenocode code from the local settings\applicationdata folder (I'm using Windows XP) and try again I get the same virus error and when I return to this folder the xenocode cache seems to be back in place.

If I then install the latest Beta over the top of the latest production version of HM I get past the activation request but when I get to the DB Control Panel the "Start Holdem Manager" button is not available.

Any help would be appreciated. Do you need to see my activation code or need any other info?

Thanks,
IrishChancer

fozzy71
11-02-2009, 11:27 PM
http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=20713

irishchancer
11-03-2009, 08:40 AM
Sorrry Fozzy,

But this does not work.

I followed the process as described:
1. turned off Panda 2008
2. deleted the xenocode cache
3. emptied the recycle bin
4. rebooted
5. installed the full HM release and the beta update
6. ran HM (still with viurs checker disabled)

It gets to the DB Control Panel and as decribed before the "Start Holdem Manager" button is not available (you can see it but it's "greyed" out).

Any further help much appreciated,

IrishChancer

netsrak
11-03-2009, 01:07 PM
Screenshot please

irishchancer
11-03-2009, 01:48 PM
Please see attached jpeg

fozzy71
11-03-2009, 07:23 PM
You need to set one of the DBs as default first.