PDA

View Full Version : import freezing

Fruto Seco
11-02-2009, 06:19 PM
Hi!
I just received a 500k hands bulk purchase from hhdealer.com.
However import freezes after importing 1 or 2 of the 800 files.
I am using the import from folder option, since I dont want to move every single .txt file from the about 50 folders into 1 single folder.

I am using Vista; UAC off; latest beta installed; reinstalled earlier betas, reinstalled HM and rebooted several times now; did the Revo Uninstall; changed Archive duration to "5"; The hands are PLO hands from FTP.
Windows Firewall is off, Using Norton Internet Security - turned it off- same problem; did every possible Windows Update; also created several new databases
I really cannot think of anything else to do and am pretty frustrated...

Whats interesting is that originally it says 850 files found, then freezes after importing 2 files. I quit HM and try importing again; now it says 848 files found and feezes again after importing 2 or 3 files.
I let HM keep working on the import after it froze for 5 hours, then quit and restarted it; same result: it indicates to find 2 files less than before and freezes again.

Thx for help

fozzy71
11-02-2009, 11:09 PM
Try using the Import From File(s) option and select smaller ranges of files, manually, so you can pinpoint the problem files.

You may be able to get more info from the \holdem manager\importing\import errors\import errors.txt or the \holdem manager\importing\logs folder

Fruto Seco
11-03-2009, 10:09 AM
selected 10 files manually; it froze after 2 files imported

Unfortunately there is no error message; HM just freezes... the only interesting file I found in the folders you told me is the attached one.

Could the problem be Postgresql-related? On sundays I use Pokertracker 3 for tournament stats.. could this change something in the postgres settings?
Some more info: the HMImport.exe doesn't disappear in the Task Manager once I close the frozen HM. It even keeps working at around 36000 K.
So I tought maybe HM just appears to be freezing after 2 files imported and maybe I should let it run for some time. So I let it run for 10 hours, then closed it, reopened, restarted import, and again: 2 files less found (obv the 2 files it imported before freezing) and again it froze after 1 file imported.

Tell me if you need any more info

Thx

Mike

netsrak
11-03-2009, 01:09 PM
Is your harddisk full?

Try with a new database: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146

Shloogy
11-03-2009, 01:18 PM
This is happening to me as well :

I purchased a 2.5 Million hands from thepokerHH.com and after several xxx of hands the importer freeze.

One more thing that I've noticed is on a big files:
HM says "processing a very large file"

And you can not see the progress of the file that is currently being processed!
So you can not know whether the importer is stuck or whatever

At first I though the hands from Thepokerhh was maybe bad so I tried it on trial PT and it went 100% well

Fruto Seco
11-03-2009, 06:50 PM
harddisk free space: 20 GB
already 3 new databases created; all have the same problem

fozzy71
11-03-2009, 07:52 PM
I have forwarded this thread to the developer for a reply.

Fruto Seco
11-04-2009, 03:25 PM
when would you say the develloper is going to answer?

fozzy71
11-04-2009, 03:53 PM
He usually replies within 24 hours, but he has been offline so far today. I would imagine he will reply later tonight when he gets online.

Fruto Seco
11-05-2009, 12:09 PM
did you reach him?

craphoot
11-05-2009, 01:02 PM
I am having the same problem. Tried importing 1m hands and it froze after about 10%. Now it won't import any more. Now I am also getting thr "failed to establish a connection to 127.0.0.1" error every time that I start HEM. Not sure if this is related or not. My firewall is off and I follwed the steps in the FAQ for this error.

Rvg72
11-05-2009, 01:13 PM
Can you zip up and send a couple of the files that you know produce the error. I will try them and see if I can duplicate the problem

send to support@holdemmanager.net

Thanks,
Roy

craphoot
11-05-2009, 01:41 PM
Just restarted my computer again and I got rid of the "failed to establish a connection error." I then chose a random 4 files to import (4 thousand hands) and all four imported fine. I then chose to import the entire folder and again, nothing happened.

I went through the error importing log and it was huge, so I just copied a part of it...

Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
C:\Users\proxstorm\Desktop\PTR\fulltilt_1257143932 _5-10_NL-Holdem-0-part11-1992904995.txt Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
C:\Users\proxstorm\Desktop\PTR\fulltilt_1257143932 _5-10_NL-Holdem-0-part11-1992904995.txt Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

craphoot
11-05-2009, 01:44 PM
Spoke too soon. My "failed to establish a connection to 127.0.0.1" error is now back after attempting to import the files.

Fruto Seco
11-05-2009, 02:04 PM
I never have had any of these errors. It just freezes during the imports. Just sent you an eMail with some of the hands.

What you probably also should know:

the ImportTraceError.log does not appear every time HM freezes during an import.
auto import also freezes, so I dont think it is an a issue of the hands.

...and before you ask: UAC is off and all required .exe run as admin

fozzy71
11-05-2009, 03:39 PM
Spoke too soon. My "failed to establish a connection to 127.0.0.1" error is now back after attempting to import the files.

This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it, and reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171

Please try following all of these FAQs, step by step:

1) http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=34
2) reinstall the same version of postgresql, using the same \data folder - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=177
3) http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8261

If that doesn't help you will probably have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely and reimport your hands.

craphoot
11-05-2009, 04:10 PM
fozzy,

i got everything working. FYI, i had tried what you posted above and that didn't help. If I restarted my computer and didn't try to import the hands from Poker Table Ratings, things worked fine.

Once I tried importing the files (unsuccessfully) it would give me the failed to connect error. I would have to restart each time in order for HEM to work properly.

What I did to fix the problem was delete the file that was causing the problems. Seems to be working now.

This is usually a firewall or windows update issue.

First try to delete the \postgresql\8.x\data\postmaster.pid file, if you see it, and reboot.

If no help, try this:

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Stop Service

Start > Programs > PostgreSQL > 8.x > Start Service

Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171

Please try following all of these FAQs, step by step:

1) http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=34
2) reinstall the same version of postgresql, using the same \data folder - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=177
3) http://www.holdemmanager.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8261

If that doesn't help you will probably have to reinstall PostgreSQL completely and reimport your hands.

craphoot
11-06-2009, 04:25 PM
Any updates? My trial runs out on Sunday and I would like for this to be solved before I make the purchase.

fozzy71
11-06-2009, 04:47 PM
Any updates? My trial runs out on Sunday and I would like for this to be solved before I make the purchase.

Please email me at fozzy@holdemmanager.net with a link to this thread, so we can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download the Teamviewer Quick Support Module - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/TeamViewerQS.exe. Please let me know what time zone you are in and what time/days are convenient for you.

Fruto Seco
11-07-2009, 08:11 AM
What seems to have done the trick for me was turning UAC back on, restarting, going to the PostgreSQL/8.3/bin folder, rightclicking every .exe I thought was important and running it as admin for all users, turning UAC back off, restarting... and all of a sudden it worked. Might have been luck, but I dont really care what the reason is for HM running again after combined 8 hours over 4 days trying every different suggestion in the forum on and off again...

fozzy71
11-07-2009, 10:42 AM
Thank you for posting that solution. I often wondered in the past if that made any difference. Supposedly on Vista, they are the same thing. Your experience makes me wonder now.

craphoot
11-07-2009, 11:25 AM
Unfortunately this did not work for me. I am not the best with Windows OS, so maybe I did something wrong, but I tried what you said, and still no go for me. I am running Windows 7 on a Macbook Pro via VMWare Fusion.

Justin

What seems to have done the trick for me was turning UAC back on, restarting, going to the PostgreSQL/8.3/bin folder, rightclicking every .exe I thought was important and running it as admin for all users, turning UAC back off, restarting... and all of a sudden it worked. Might have been luck, but I dont really care what the reason is for HM running again after combined 8 hours over 4 days trying every different suggestion in the forum on and off again...

fozzy71
11-07-2009, 11:34 AM
Unfortunately this did not work for me. I am not the best with Windows OS, so maybe I did something wrong, but I tried what you said, and still no go for me. I am running Windows 7 on a Macbook Pro via VMWare Fusion.

Justin

He was posting a solution for the postgresql connection issue he was having, not the import freeze of certain hands. I thought your connection was fine now? What are you still having problems with? Importing some certain hands that you bought? Please zip and email the problem hand histories, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, to support@holdemmanager.net

craphoot
11-07-2009, 11:43 AM
Fozzy,

I emailed the files to you and support@holdemmanager.net last night. I will resend the email. My email address is tirexstorm at gmail dot com.

My problem is with importing the purchased hands. After importing a few files the import freezes. If I then click on another tab )cash tab for example) I get a popup message saying, "Error:Failed to Establish a Connection to 127.0..0.1"

If I restart HEM, I get the same error message. If I restart the computer I can use HEM without a problem, as long as I do not attempt to import the purchased files.

Firewall is off. UAC is off.

I will email this post as well as 2 or 3 bad files.

Thank you for your help.

Justin

He was posting a solution for the postgresql connection issue he was having, not the import freeze of certain hands. I thought your connection was fine now? What are you still having problems with? Importing some certain hands that you bought? Please zip and email the problem hand histories, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, to support@holdemmanager.net

fozzy71
11-07-2009, 03:54 PM
I forwarded them to the developer to look at.