PDA

View Full Version : hud not saving config or seat positions

TONY5ACES
11-02-2009, 03:19 PM
ok this might be a really easy solution but am sure i have tried everything.
i play on prima mainly have had hm for a while, so the problem is when i change my hud set up and colour code stats after i push ok no problems it changes , this also aplies to seat postions .
i can turn hm off on a few times and its still saves it but maybe after an hr or so it loses my positon and hud set up ?

think this all started after a update a few months back.i got the updated version 109 43 and it still doesnt save ,
i run it all on admin and have saved on table manager, and am on vista and disabled uac,
this is really starting to tilt me having to reset my hud layout every day or time i go online

netsrak
11-02-2009, 03:27 PM
Close HM, delete the file prefs.xml in the config folder or rename it.
Restart HM, a new file will be generated, configure your settings again and see if it makes a difference.

TONY5ACES
11-02-2009, 06:45 PM
hi thks for the quick response it seems to have worked and now saving even after shut down for 4 hrs , hopefully it be ok when i log on tomorrow .
this has been a real pain and tilting me so thks agin and belucky

TONY5ACES
11-03-2009, 07:18 AM
hi just switch my hm on and have lost all my new hud layout and saved seat postion again ?

netsrak
11-03-2009, 12:32 PM
Are you closing your HM while auto-import is running?

TONY5ACES
11-03-2009, 05:16 PM
hi i think i have been guilty of doing that some time, so i have now changed the prefs.xml name and now making sure that i close the program properly and will still what happens thks.

fozzy71
11-03-2009, 06:47 PM
Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure UAC is disabled (it sometinmes gets turned on by windows updates) http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=73 or else you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. Windows 7 you MUST set all the executables to always run as admin.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171

Try deleting the prefs file again, after changing any of the above settings.

TONY5ACES
11-04-2009, 08:10 AM
hi i renamed the prefs file , and updated to the lastest hm , everything always running as administrator anyways and firewall off,
i make sure i log out properly and so far so good but if any more problems , i will do the firewall process u sent me so thks alot for the help .