PDA

View Full Version : vacuum/analyze not working

unheld
11-02-2009, 01:44 PM
do i need to vacuum? because hem asks me to do it manually, and following the instructions, hem won't allow me to do this manually either.:confused:
i have postgres 8.3 is this why?

netsrak
11-02-2009, 03:13 PM
This is a common problem.
You should do the vacuum via pgadmin: http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=163

Its not a Postgresql 8.3 problem. It should work in every case via pgadmin

unheld
11-02-2009, 08:54 PM
every time I click on the PGIIIadmin, windows shuts me down, with a box saying the pgIIIadmin tool has stopped working, and only gives me the option to close the program.Hem has access through my firewall, this shouldn't be the problem

fozzy71
11-02-2009, 11:30 PM
hem and postgresql are 2 different things.

give permission to the postgresql applications also.

\postgresql\8.x\bin\

pg_ctl.exe
postgres.exe
pgadmin3.exe

unheld
11-03-2009, 06:39 PM
all postgre app exe are allowed through the firewall.
the box that appears says the pgadmin tool has stopped working, windows will notify me if a solution is available lol.The pgadmin tool has done this ever since hem was installed, and every time i click or right click giving admin permission the tool has never worked.
I share my postgre with pt3 is that an issue in some way?
do I need to vacuum?
Whats with auto vacuum ?
does holdem manager need to be running?
should i wait for a full moon?
is there a postgreSQL update?

fozzy71
11-03-2009, 08:16 PM
I think you should probably reinstall the same version of postgresql and use your current \data folder. That should reinstall all the SQL basics and PGAdmin, etc.

For reinstalling SQL to the same DB, follow these steps:

1) Uninstall PostgreSQL from the Windows Control Panel.
2) If you are moving the DB to a different drive/partition, manually cut or copy the \Postgresql\8.x\data directory to it's new location.
3) run the command - start > programs > accessories > command prompt > right-click > run as administrator

net user postgres /delete
4) reboot.
5) Install the same version of PostgreSQL as your current DB using these instructions - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=177
6) If you have moved/installed your DB to a non-default location, please make sure to change the 'Data Directory' path during the installation.

unheld
11-07-2009, 05:05 PM
I followed your instructions and was able to save my db as well.
All the issues are the same and nothing has been fixed, I cannot vacuum manually or via HEM.
I get the same message pgadmin tool has stopped working windows is looking for a solution,and that they will notify me if a solution is available LOL.
now really does windows/microsoft contact software developers? have they contacted HEM lol.
every application has admin access, but still not working:(
what is stacker application, is there something to install there?

fozzy71
11-07-2009, 06:50 PM
I have forwarded this thread to my colleagues for some assistance.

You do not need to run any Stack Builder installs.

netsrak
11-08-2009, 08:33 AM
You could try to download the latest pgadmin version from www.pgadmin.org or look for help there.