PDA

View Full Version : Importing tournament summaries for Stars

Jam-Fly
11-01-2009, 08:52 PM
Hi,

Prob a newb question but how do you import your tournament histories from pokerstars to HEM. I have requested tournament history, copied the contents of the email onto notepad, saved it, and imported the file onto HEM. The info for my tournaments is still wrong. E.g. the size of the tournament generally has a random number in there (It's mostly 180 player tournaments I've been playing and the 'size' has numbers such as 20, 88 etc.). My finishing place is either 8 or 9, and it says I haven't cashed in any events even though I have cashed in some.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? I assume I don't have to manually enter the details of every single tournament I play?

Thanks for your help

fozzy71
11-01-2009, 11:56 PM
Please update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

If they still dont import right you can try to delete then from the dataview tab and reimport them, or try importing them to a new DB.

Jam-Fly
11-02-2009, 12:49 AM
Downloaded new beta version and still no success.

How do you get the details of the tournament onto HEM? How much of the e-mail do you copy and paste? Is it just a simple copy and paste onto notepad then clicking "Import File" and selecting the notepad document?

The tournament summary I've gotten from stars is a final placing of all players (including me obviously) and the amount they cashed for. I assume this is the tournament summary that I need to copy and paste?

The hands are imported normally (PokerStars>Options>Instant Hand History Options..>Save my hands history.....etc.) but it's the tournament details that are not showing up.

netsrak
11-02-2009, 04:31 AM
Did you follow the FAQ? http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=43

Jam-Fly
11-02-2009, 01:52 PM
Did you follow the FAQ? http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=43

yes I followed the FAQ.

I am requesting the right thing from PokerStars though? "Tournament History" just consists of all finishing places and money won for all participants. It does not contain and actual hand histories.

netsrak
11-02-2009, 03:03 PM
Yes thats ok.
The tournament summary must be in english.

Jam-Fly
11-02-2009, 06:38 PM
Yes thats ok.
The tournament summary must be in english.

OK, how much of the email shud be copied and pasted?
E.g. the email starts with "Tournament History for your last 27 tournaments requested by [PokerStars Screename] (user email address)"

Should this be included when you copy and paste? The email ends with " If you have any questions, please contact "PokerStars Support" <support@pokerstars.com>", should this be included?

You copy and paste the email to notepad, save it as a .txt , and then "Import File" the .txt document? Will this automatically correct the tournament details such as size and finish position?

fozzy71
11-02-2009, 07:16 PM
OK, how much of the email shud be copied and pasted?
E.g. the email starts with "Tournament History for your last 27 tournaments requested by [PokerStars Screename] (user email address)"

Should this be included when you copy and paste? The email ends with " If you have any questions, please contact "PokerStars Support" <support@pokerstars.com>", should this be included?

I dont think it matters, but I always copy everything except the first and last line of the emails. Those 2 lines are obviously part of the email, and not the summaries.

Will this automatically correct the tournament details such as size and finish position?

It should, yes. If it doesnt for some reason you can manually complete the tournament in the Tourneys > Results > Dataview > Right-Click > Edit windows