PDA

View Full Version : Change Encoding (Server) to SQL_ASCII

whitetuxedo
11-01-2009, 07:20 PM
While installing postgresql, I forgot to change this setting from the default WIN1252. Is this a problem? If so, how do I change it?

Thanks!

fozzy71
11-01-2009, 07:53 PM
It shouldnt be any problem. Just
update to the latest beta - http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe

and create a UTF DB - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=146

*If the new DB seems to work properly, you will want to import the rest of your archives to the new DB, export/import the hands from the old DB to the new DB, and export/import any player notes and tourney summaries - and then delete the old DB. - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=21

If you are using PGAdmin and creating a DB to restore a .backup file, you can select the ascii encoding. Any new DBs for importing should be UTF.

Krow
12-16-2009, 04:28 AM
Fozzie

Same problem as the person that started this thread. Didn't change my encoding when first installing postgresql.

So, following your solution here, got to step 2, after downloading your latest beta, and now when I go to open HEM Manager, I get the error message on startup: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\RVGSoftware\Holdem Manager\fishfinder\filterv2' is denied.

Now what?

This is going swimmingly so far.

Krow

netsrak
12-16-2009, 04:54 AM
This is a permission problem.

Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure that holdemmanager.exe, dbcontrolpanel.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the holdemmanager.exe, dbcontrolpanel.exe and the hmhud.exe executable and select "Run as

Krow
12-16-2009, 05:11 AM
OK

In the meantime, my impatient self has uninstalled and reinstalled HEM. I'll try from step 1 here again.

Krow

Krow
12-16-2009, 05:50 AM
OK, now I got to the stage where I closed down HEM, I have played a couple of hands on Stars, and now when I go to reopen HEM in order to identify Hero, I get an Unhandled exception error. "The type initializer for 'Scanner.Form1' threw an exception." I can choose to Continue (which just hangs), or quit.

There is a dropdown of Details I can post if needed.

Again, help appreciated.

Krow

netsrak
12-16-2009, 07:14 AM
Please post a screenshot of what is going on.

Did you set the permissions for the 3 exe files?

Krow
12-16-2009, 07:23 AM
Hi

Yes, I had changed permissions on those 3 like you suggested.

In the end, I just turned off UAC and it seems to be working now. I have a bit of HUD formatting to do to make it as I want it.

Is there any way to keep UAC security while still using HEM, or will I need to turn it on and off per session?

Thanks
Krow

fozzy71
12-16-2009, 12:43 PM
..... I get the error message on startup: Access to the path 'C:\Program Files\RVGSoftware\Holdem Manager\fishfinder\filterv2' is denied.

Sticky: 'connection error: access to the path ....... \config\holdemmanger.config' is denied' (http://forums.holdemmanager.com/showthread.php?t=21154)

OK, now I got to the stage where I closed down HEM, I have played a couple of hands on Stars, and now when I go to reopen HEM in order to identify Hero, I get an Unhandled exception error. "The type initializer for 'Scanner.Form1' threw an exception." I can choose to Continue (which just hangs), or quit.

There is a dropdown of Details I can post if needed.

Again, help appreciated.

Krow

Post the details. Which Operating System, Firewall, and Anti-Virus are you using?

1) Clear your web cache, and download the beta update again, from the link in my signature, with another browser if possible.
2) Right-Click > Save Link As to save it to a different folder.
3) Reboot, and run the installer first thing.
4) Make sure the update is installing to the proper \holdem manager folder

Hi

Yes, I had changed permissions on those 3 like you suggested.

In the end, I just turned off UAC and it seems to be working now. I have a bit of HUD formatting to do to make it as I want it.

Is there any way to keep UAC security while still using HEM, or will I need to turn it on and off per session?

Thanks
Krow

yes, if you turn UAC on and set those 3 files to run as admin you should be fine.

For W7 and Vista you must set \holdem manager\dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the executables and select "Run as admin" from the compatibility tab. If you have Vista and the checkboxes are greyed out and you can't select it, please turn UAC on, reboot, and then set the files to run as administrator.