PDA

View Full Version : HEM won't start anymore

gpiotter
09-10-2008, 04:20 AM
Let me give you as much info as possible because I was busy doing a whole lot!. I have windows XP.

I just bought HEM and upgraded to version d and was using it for about 2 hours-no problem. I took a break and then deleted comodo 2.4 because I was having issues and upgraded. I now have version 3.0 of comodo pro and played online for about 6 hours w/ version d without issue and w/ the new firewall.

When I was done I opened FTTO and received an error after about 5 minutes. I then researched here and found out there wasn't a workaround yet. OK then. I used the task manager to close HEM and the HUD because it was frozen.

Next I tried opening HEM while I was importing my days hands into PT2 for backup and received a runtime error from HEM (I had a lot going on so it's no surprise. PT2 often uses all the memory while exporting a couple thousand hands at once). I tried again and got the same error-I was stubborn and tried it while importing w/ PT2 still (I ain't too bright I guess). That was the last time I got a response from HEM and I tried 3 or 4 more times.

I rebooted and was in add/remove programs. I saw comodo beta and deleted it. Oops it was my anti-virus, not my old firewall. So after another reboot I reinstalled comodo anti virus.

Next I navigated to the HEM folder on my C drive and tried clicking the holdemmanger icon in the HEM folder; no dice-nothing happens. I see the hourglass, but after 15 minutes nothing has opened and I still have the hourglass. I'm able to type this so it's not crashing my machine. I clicked on the shortcut on my desktop and nothing happens.

So....what gives?

edit: remember that hourglass I told you about? Well I finally clicked the x, to close the HEM folder and was prompted that HEM wasn't responding so I ended the task. That got rid of everything including the....taskbar(?) down below; where the clock is, etc. Now all I am looking at is a half naked picture of Britney Spears that my girlfriend put on the desktop. Sure I could look at that all day, but don't have time for that now. I had to do yet another hard boot
edit2: after clicking on the folder, it freezing and me rebooting a millionth time I clicked the start menu and now THAT is frozen in time. I am, however able to click on the desktop icons (no I won't dare click on HEM). In fact I was able to open firefox and post this before what is sure to be another restart.

Before today I had no issues. I just scanned for viruses yesterday. I defraged my hard drive 2 days ago and everything was roses

morny
09-10-2008, 11:52 AM
You seem to have more problems than Britney in her day:D

It sounds very much like HM is blocked in either the antivirus or firewall. Doing the reinstall may have reset all previous settings and it probably has HM on the banned list. You need to get HM onto the exceptions list in both programs