PDA

View Full Version : This is ridiculous

OohBarracuda
11-01-2009, 07:22 AM
Ok, I've trawled through loads of old posts on here, done everything that every one of them said. Even after several hours of uninstalling, reinstalling, backing up, altering file names and installing patches, .NET Frameworks and Lord knows what else, HoldEm Manager still won't start because as soon as I click "Ok" when it starts, it comes up with

"DBControlPanel has encountered a problem and needs to close. Sorry for the inconvenience."

I don't care that it's sorry and I'm even prepared to forget the 6 wasted hours I've spent today trying to get this thing to work. I just want my money back and to pretend this never happened.

Can somebody please assist me in making this happen.

Regards,
A Disappointed Customer

netsrak
11-01-2009, 07:55 AM
Please contact sales@holdemmanager.net for a refund.

Or we can try to help you out.
For the first step:
Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure UAC is disabled http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=73
and/or holdemmanager.exe and hmhud.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the holdemmanager.exe, dbcontrolpanel.exe and the hmhud.exe executable and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu under compatibilty.

OohBarracuda
11-01-2009, 03:17 PM
Thank you for your prompt reply, seeing as I was so excited about getting this software I'll have one more go at making it work. I'm running XP though and I previously had PokerTracker 3 installed.

If you can in fact help me to make it work I'll be over the moon, it has just been very frustrating trying to sort all this out when I was so looking forward to just buying the software and using it straight away.

netsrak
11-01-2009, 04:12 PM
Did you try with the latest Beta from the link in my signature?

If that doesn't help i suggest you send a mail with a link to this thread to support@holdemmanager.net to arrange a teamviewer session.

Rvg72
11-06-2009, 02:17 PM
Ok, I've trawled through loads of old posts on here, done everything that every one of them said. Even after several hours of uninstalling, reinstalling, backing up, altering file names and installing patches, .NET Frameworks and Lord knows what else, HoldEm Manager still won't start because as soon as I click "Ok" when it starts, it comes up with

"DBControlPanel has encountered a problem and needs to close. Sorry for the inconvenience."

I don't care that it's sorry and I'm even prepared to forget the 6 wasted hours I've spent today trying to get this thing to work. I just want my money back and to pretend this never happened.

Can somebody please assist me in making this happen.

Regards,
A Disappointed Customer

Try 1.09 official release. Earlier versions would have this problem if you were running a 64 bit OS.

Roy