PDA

View Full Version : Connection Error: Fatal: 57P03

GeneHackman
09-10-2008, 03:31 AM
Hi I'm getting Connection Error: Fatal: 57P03 when I try to open hm. The Database contol panel then pops up, and if I try to connect the error message comes up again. Thanks

oh, just updated to 1.06.03
and am using xp

morny
09-10-2008, 10:36 AM
Can you try restarting the PostgreSQL service or at least confirm if its running http://208.109.95.123/faq/?f=34

GeneHackman
09-10-2008, 11:00 AM
I ended up uninstalling postgres 2.5 and installed 3.8 before your reply. I am now able to start HM again, but I don't see my previous database. Is there a way to retrieve this?

morny
09-10-2008, 11:10 AM
Unless you uninstalled the previous version then you most likely have 2 versions installed now. Youll need to go to database manager via options after you load HM and you should see the database to select from there if you havent uninstalled the previous version

GeneHackman
09-10-2008, 11:19 AM
I am in the database manager right now, and I don't see my old database in the dropdown menu. I created a quick database after HM stated up again after installing postgres 3.8. And I only see this Database right now.

Does this mean I've lost everything?

(I would prefer not to start over, but it wouldn't be the end of the world, just want to make sure everything is working now)

thanks

morny
09-10-2008, 11:25 AM
Did you uninstall the old version if not follow these instructions which tells you how to stop and start the service. Close down HM and You need to stop PostgreSQL 3.8 and then restart postgreSQL 2.5 then go into database management

GeneHackman
09-10-2008, 11:30 AM
I did delete 2.5, which was the old version I was running.

morny
09-10-2008, 11:39 AM
Well as long as you didnt manually delete the PostgreSQL2.5 folder then you can reinstall PostgreSQL 2.5 and then do the steps i mentioned above to get the database back

One important step, when you get to the step where you see Initiliase database cluster and a tick beside it MAKE SURE you untick it otherwise it will overwrite the database and create a blank default one. When you untick it will install and use your old database info

GeneHackman
09-10-2008, 11:40 AM
okay, will do. Thanks

al yell
05-12-2010, 08:13 PM
Am getting 57P03 error. Running 1.10.06a and postgreSQL 8.4 on XP. Also can't perform any function via pgAdmin III (ex. I'm told that I'm not connected to the server when I try to perform a vacuum). Everything worked fine for several weeks prior to this.

What I've tried:
- stopping and starting the postgreSQL server.
- reboot
- upgrading to HEM 1.11 and postgreSQL 8.4.3 (which incidentally are now the current versions under which I'm operating)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

netsrak
05-13-2010, 05:49 AM
To connect to the server in pgadmin you need to double click on the line.
If that doesn't work your server configuration in pgadmin may be wrong (you can edit it there) or your postgresql service is not running (check in windows services).

Please check this FAQ too: FAQ - Hold'em Manager Poker Tracking Software :: Can't Connect / Failed to Start PostgreSQL (http://faq.holdemmanager.com/questions/91/Can%27t+Connect+%7B47%7D+Failed+to+Start+PostgreSQ L+)

Can you create a new database?

Also it is possible that you now have 2 Postgresql installations because there is no update installation and you installed 8.4.3.

al yell
05-13-2010, 03:49 PM
Clicking on both the server and the databse in pgAdmin appears to work fine. I get as far as trying to perform a vacuum by right-clicking the databse/maintenance and get the following message:

INFO: vacuuming "pg_catalog.pg_type"server closed the connection unexpectedly
This probably means the server terminated abnormally
before or while processing the request.

I cancreate new databases using both HEM and pgAdmin (although it's my existing one that I'll need access to).

There is only one version of postgresql installed.

I've read thru the FAQ and tried everything short of re-installation.

Is there anything else I should consider trying before I attempt this? > http://forums.holdemmanager.com/manager-general/8261-still-cant-connect-posgresql-try.html

Thx again.