PDA

View Full Version : HEM manager not starting

mattrd111
10-31-2009, 07:28 PM
After updating holdem manager the program won't start there is no error message. The application loads and I can see it in windows task manager but the start up screen never appears.

I have tried sevral fresh installs using revo to remove it and downloaded a fresh copy and the latest update. When I download the 1.08 version it loads fine but when I update it to one of the 1.09.xx files it does the above

I have no anti virus software and its an allowed program in windows firewall (which is disabled)

any ideas ?

fozzy71
10-31-2009, 09:52 PM
0. Make sure you have installed the latest Beta version.
1. Note your database connection settings from the database management
2. Close holdemmanager
3. Go to the folder config in the holdemmanager installation path
4. Rename the file holdemmanager.config to holdemmanager.config.corrupt or sth. like that.
5. Under Vista make sure that UAC is switched off or check the administrator settings for holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe and dbcontrolpanel.exe under properties->compatibility
6. Restart Holdemmanager
7. Holdemmanager reinstalls and displays some messages and warnings
7a. A new holdemmanager.config file is generated
8. Reconfigure your database connection
9. After successful start reconfigure your Auto-import settings

mattrd111
11-01-2009, 04:30 PM
hi,

tried all the above but still no difference, when I double click the .exe to start holdem manager I get mouse timer but HEM does not load ?

fozzy71
11-01-2009, 07:40 PM
What OS?

Under Vista and Windows 7 make sure UAC is disabled http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmmain.aspx?faqid=73 or holdemmanager.exe, hmhud.exe, and dbcontrolpanel.exe are started as administrator. Run the windows explorer and navigate to your Holdemmanager installation directory. Right click the dbcontrolpanel.exe, holdemmanager.exe, and the hmhud.exe executable and select "Run as admin" from the popup menu.

Make sure windows auto updates are fully updated. Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (or later for w7) installed.

If that doesnt help try a revo reinstall.

1) Make a backup of your C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder, and any other important files mentioned earlier.
2) Uninstall HM with www.revouninstaller.com using the Deep setting.
3) If given the option, on the 2 following screens of Revo, choose the Select All > Delete buttons to remove any registry entries and leftover files.
4) Reboot your computer
5) Install the complete setup of HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/holdemmanager.zip
6) Download the latest patch HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe
7) Test if it for a while and see if it work
8) Close down Holdem Manager and rename the current, working \config folder to \config_original. Now copy your \config folder from step 1 and paste it to your C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\ fodler, to replace the one you just renamed.
9) Test if it works again for a while
10) If your old config folder causes problems, you can paste the contents of the \config_original folder back in.