PDA

View Full Version : Application won't start, no errorcode.

Fibonacci
10-31-2009, 11:14 AM
I have just bought Omaha Manager, but the application won't run. There is no kind of error code.

I have done the following:
- Installed Holdem Manager Suite 1.08.04
- Installed Holdem Manager 1.09 Beta Patch (both through www.holdemmanager.net/download.html)
- Installed postgreSQL 8.3 after converting my C drive from FAT32 to NTFS.

I can open the Database Controlpanel and connect to the server (127.0.0.1) through port (5432) and have created a database. But when I pres the 'Start Holdem Manager' nothing happens.

I'm running Windows XP (2002).

So far I haven't been able to find any answers through the forums.

Any help will be much appreciated.

fozzy71
10-31-2009, 12:38 PM
XP 64 or 32 bit?

Make sure your video card drivers and windows auto updates are fully updated. Make sure you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (or later for w7) installed.

Add exceptions to the windows firewall, even if it is off. If you have a 3rd party firewall, do the equivalent or uninstall it temporarily - http://www.holdemmanager.net/faq/afmviewfaq.aspx?faqid=171

Try to manually start the file from \Holdem Manager\holdemmanager.exe

Fibonacci
10-31-2009, 01:56 PM
32 bit.

My Windows is fully updated, and .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 is installed. I have followed your instructions about the Firewall, and have disabled my Avast antivirus.

When I try to run the application by clicking the .exe file in the HEM folder (C:\Programmer\RVG Software\Holdem Manager), still, nothing happens. ('Programmer' is danish for 'Programs.)

fozzy71
10-31-2009, 09:38 PM
Try a reinstall with revo:

1) Make a backup of your C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\Config folder, and any other important files mentioned earlier.
2) Uninstall HM with www.revouninstaller.com using the Deep setting.
3) If given the option, on the 2 following screens of Revo, choose the Select All > Delete buttons to remove any registry entries and leftover files.
4) Reboot your computer
5) Install the complete setup of HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/holdemmanager.zip
6) Download the latest patch HM: http://www.holdemmanager.com/downloads/HmBetaUpdate.exe
7) Test if it for a while and see if it work
8) Close down Holdem Manager and rename the current, working \config folder to \config_original. Now copy your \config folder from step 1 and paste it to your C:\Program Files\RVG Software\Holdem Manager\ fodler, to replace the one you just renamed.
9) Test if it works again for a while
10) If your old config folder causes problems, you can paste the contents of the \config_original folder back in.

Fibonacci
11-01-2009, 11:00 AM
I have followed the instructions 1 through 7. Still the same problem: the application won't launch.

I'm not sure if I have communicated the problem properly. The program doesn't even open/run/launch.

An maybe irrelevant observation: When I re-install (after removing with Revo in deep mode) the first 80% of the progress bar is finished within a few seconds.

netsrak
11-01-2009, 12:04 PM
Xp svp3?

Fibonacci
11-01-2009, 06:39 PM
Yes, Windows XP (2002) with Service Pack 3.

fozzy71
11-01-2009, 07:46 PM
Please email fabio@holdemmanager.net, with a link to this thread, and your forum name, so you can schedule a Teamviewer session. Download and install the www.Teamviewer.com Quick Support version.